Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Display Stat API

Hello, I am making a custom system for my campaign and for a specific part of the campaign I need my players to be able to click a button and write a word inside of a textbox that will permanently appear next to their character on the map or next to their player icon above the map. I was wondering if there exists a script that allows to have a floating textbox within the editor. I know that I could use one of the token bars to fill with that word, but what if the player needs two of those boxes at the same time? 

Edited 1586208881
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I would suggest adding it to the end of their Token's name using TokenMod !token-mod --set name|"@{selected|character_name} [?{TheWord}]" defaulttoken
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I do this for my Mystic's current Psionic Focus.

Edited 1586227260
The Aaron said: I do this for my Mystic's current Psionic Focus. The Aaron said: I would suggest adding it to the end of their Token's name using TokenMod !token-mod --set name|"@{selected|character_name} [?{TheWord}]" defaulttoken Thank you! I will try this out! Maybe I will try replacing their token name with the word and then changing it to display that word with their token, because the main point is for me to be able to see what the word is without problem