Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Animal Companion

Hello! What's the best way to create a character sheet for a Ranger's animal companion? The set-up for a player sheet is difficult to use with animal stats. Thanks!

Edited 1586219806
Do you have access to the NPC version of whatever their animal companion is?  Perhaps in the monster manual or from some module within roll20?  If so then you could go to that creature, hit the edit button and then the duplicate button.  The copy will show up near the bottom of your journal I believe.  You can drag this one out so it has a token on the desktop, edit the sheet so that it has some name different from the original and so that your player has the ability to edit it.  Then set up the token to represent this new creature and save it as the default token.   If you don't have access to the creature, you can create an NPC sheet and create it.  Remember to give the player access to edit it so that they can control it.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Most common beasts are available as drag and drop from the SRD, even if you have not purchased a compendium, and as Patrick says, the NPC version of the sheet is considerably less complex than the PC sheet. Which character sheet do you use, Hannah?
Those are great suggestions, thanks!  I'm the player (not DM) and had been using a typical character sheet and doing "custom" for race/class etc. While it eventually worked I can't level up any of the stats so I'll try the NPC route!