Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with Advanced/Complex weapon macros

So I've had these macros for years and over time added and removed things and edited them to keep them customized and somewhere along the way I broke them. I've been trying to figure out how to fix them for months and every time I get close I notice one aspect or another doesn't work right. (like the single attacks are flat out broken and in the full attack version crits aren't multiplied and I don't even know how it got the numbers it did for them.) I no longer know how I even made them to begin with so I'd honestly actually prefer if someone could help me make all new ones to fit my current character. If not the current broken ones are going to be listed at the bottom of this post. What I need is a group of macros that do the following: (and yes unfortunately it has to be a group as each weapon macro can only handle 5 or 6 attacks before it caps out for some reason) Flailing Strikes (with my weapons) from chaos monk - an additional 1d4-1 attacks every round. My BAB works differently than most. Instead of getting an attack every 5 I get an attack every 3 so instead of looking like 20/15/10/5 it looks like 20/17/14/11/8/5/2 I get 3 extra attacks at full BAB every turn. All sneak attack die that roll 1 are rerolled. I need to be able to select if sneak attack is applied or not depending on the situation. Strength and dex go to attack rolls. Strength dex and cha go to damage rolls and dex is applied a second time if the target is flat footed. My characters current level goes to damage rolls. All static damage is multiplied by crits (level dex (possibly twice) strength and cha) The number of sneak attack die need to be able to be changed with the prompts as there are many things that could cause me to use some of my sneak die but not all of them. There needs to be a prompt asking me to sacrifice a spell slot and get Xd10 X being the spell level (in other words if I sacrifice a level 5 spell and the attack is successful I would get 5d10 extra damage (not per hit just once per full attack action or standard single attack action)) It should also ask if I'm invisible or not for the +2 you get from being invisible to attack rolls just like from flanking (it would be super cool but not necessary that if I answer yes to either flanking or invis then it automatically knows its a sneak attack) Any and all help with creating this is much appreciated! Below I will post the crappy broken macros I have now that don't even do everything I want but might be a good place to start for someone more knowledgeable. Or it might just confuse matters idk. I will also post my flailing strike specific macro since its format is a bit different from my other weapon macros. Disclaimer about the old broken macros: the name's Mary and Jade are old character of mine so those would need to be Tink now as this was leftover from being edited over and over as I made better characters. Also any weapon die like the 8d8s are actually 1d2's now lol. WEAPON MACRO 1: 1d20cs>@{weapon1critmin} +@{bab}[BAB] +@{epicattackbonus}[Epic AB] +@{weapon1stat}[Ability] +@{size}[size] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] +?{Invis?|Yes,2|No,0}[Invis] +?{Flank?|Yes,2|No,0}[Flank] -?{Power Attack?|0}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Atk Bon] &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtags=attacks with a @{weapon1name} }} {{attack1=hitting AC [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm1=Crit?: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{damage1=for [[ @{weapon1damage} ]]dmg}} {{critdmg1=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] crit dmg}} {{fullattackflag= [[ 0d1 ]] }} &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtags=attacks with a @{weapon1name} }} {{attack1=A1: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm1=Crit?: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{damage1=D1: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg1= [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{fullattackflag= [[ ?{Full Attack?|Yes, d1|No, 0d1} ]] }} {{attack2=A2: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc}-3 ]] }} {{critconfirm2=Crit!: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc}-3 ]] }} {{damage2=D2: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg2= [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{attack3=A3: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc}-6 ]] }} {{critconfirm3=Crit!: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc}-6 ]] }} {{damage3=D3: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg3= [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{attack4=A4: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc}-9 ]] }} {{critconfirm4=Crit!: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc}-9 ]] }} {{damage4=D4: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg4= [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{attack5=A5: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc}-12 ]] }} {{critconfirm5=Crit!: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc}-12 ]] }} {{damage5=D5: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg5= [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }}  8d8+?{Sneak?|Yes,[[?{Sneak Amount|13}|No,0]]d6r1}[Sneak Attack]+?{Flat Footed|Yes,@{dexmod}[FF Dex]|No,0} +@{dexmod}[Dex] +2 +@{weapon1damagestat}[Weapon Dmg Ability] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack?}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Dmg Bon] +@{Marie|chamod}[Cha] ]] [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]]d10 + [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]] *( +@{weapon1damagestat}[Weapon Dmg Ability] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack?}[Pwr Attk] +?{Craven?|Yes,@{Level}[Level] |No,} +?{Flat Footed|Yes,@{dexmod}[FF Dex]|No,0} +@{dexmod}[Dex] +@{Mary|chamod}[Cha] +?{Additional Damage Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Dmg Bon]) &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}'s @{weapon1name} }} {{damage1=does [[ @{weapon1damage} ]]damage}} {{fullattackflag= [[ 0d1 ]] }} FLAILING STRIKE MACRO: 1d20cs>@{weapon5critmin} +@{bab}[BAB] +@{epicattackbonus}[Epic AB] +@{weapon5stat}[Ability] +@{size}[size] +@{weapon5enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon5focus}[Weapon Focus] +?{Invis?|Yes,2|No,0}[Invis] +?{Flank?|Yes,2|No,0}[Flank] -?{Power Attack?|0}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Atk Bon] &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtags=attacks with a @{weapon5name} }} {{attack1=hitting AC [[ @{weapon5attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm1=Crit?: [[ @{weapon5attackcalc} ]] }} {{fumbleroll=Fumble: [[ d20 ]] }} {{damage1=for [[ @{weapon5damage} ]]dmg}} {{critdmg1=+ [[ @{weapon5crit} ]] crit dmg}} {{fullattackflag= [[ 0d1 ]] }}  &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtags=attacks with a @{weapon5name} }} {{subtags2=Flailing Strike: [[1d4-1]] }} {{attack1=FS1: [[ @{weapon5attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm1=Crit?: [[ @{weapon5attackcalc} ]] }} {{damage1=FS1: [[ @{weapon5damage} ]] }} {{critdmg1= [[ @{weapon5crit} ]] }} {{fullattackflag= [[ ?{Full Attack?|Yes, d1|No, 0d1} ]] }} {{attack2=FS2: [[ @{weapon5attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm2=Crit!: [[ @{weapon5attackcalc} ]] }} {{damage2=FS2: [[ @{weapon5damage} ]] }} {{critdmg2= [[ @{weapon5crit} ]] }} {{attack3=FS3: [[ @{weapon5attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm2=Crit!: [[ @{weapon5attackcalc} ]] }} {{damage3=FS3: [[ @{weapon5damage} ]] }} {{critdmg3= [[ @{weapon5crit} ]] }} {{attack3=FS3: [[ @{weapon5attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm3=Crit!: [[ @{weapon5attackcalc} ]] }}  8d8+?{Sneak?|Yes,[[?{Sneak Amount|13}|No,0]]d6r1}[Sneak Attack]+?{Flat Footed|Yes,@{dexmod}[FF Dex]|No,0} +@{dexmod}[Dex] +2 +@{weapon5damagestat}[Weapon Dmg Ability] +@{weapon5enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon5specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack?}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Dmg Bon] +@{Mary|chamod}[Cha] ]] [[ (@{weapon5critmult}-1) ]]d10 + [[ (@{weapon5critmult}-1) ]] *( +@{weapon5damagestat}[Weapon Dmg Ability] +@{weapon5enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon5specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack?}[Pwr Attk] +?{Craven?|Yes,@{Level}[Level] |No,} +?{Flat Footed|Yes,@{dexmod}[FF Dex]|No,0} +@{dexmod}[Dex] +@{Mary|chamod}[Cha] +?{Additional Damage Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Dmg Bon]) &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}'s @{weapon5name} }} {{damage1=does [[ @{weapon5damage} ]]damage}} {{fullattackflag= [[ 0d1 ]] }} Again thank you for any help in advance! I'm quite frankly at a loss and been fighting this for months.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The 3.5e should be able to handle up to 10 attacks in a single output and the problem I see here is that your character is very advanced and therefore VERY complex to create a usable, sustainable, macro for without: Lots and lots of queries on EVERY attack or Lots of nested elements which adds crazy levels of complexity. Given the volume of choices available I'd potentially be recommending a mash-up of the two common options, nested queries and chat menus. Effectively giving you a handful of integrated macros: Attack with semi-intelligent damage rolling buttons Damage macros tied to the buttons for quick damage resolution where needed I'll have a play and see what I can come up with but it might not be a quick thing given how complex a build this is...

Edited 1586256732
Ziechael said: The 3.5e should be able to handle up to 10 attacks in a single output and the problem I see here is that your character is very advanced and therefore VERY complex to create a usable, sustainable, macro for without: Lots and lots of queries on EVERY attack or Lots of nested elements which adds crazy levels of complexity. Given the volume of choices available I'd potentially be recommending a mash-up of the two common options, nested queries and chat menus. Effectively giving you a handful of integrated macros: Attack with semi-intelligent damage rolling buttons Damage macros tied to the buttons for quick damage resolution where needed I'll have a play and see what I can come up with but it might not be a quick thing given how complex a build this is... Thank you so much good sir! And yes, it is a very complex build. I spent so long designing her then realized the horror that I may not even be able to use her practically because of sheer roll time ;( I'm patiently waiting any solutions you come up with ^_^ Ps. What's a nested element?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nested elements are queries in queries generally, basic if/then functionality that uses html replacements for certain query breaking characters. A very basic example being: ?{What|option A, this|option B,?{What else|option c,that|option d,the other}} fun eh!
Ziechael said: Nested elements are queries in queries generally, basic if/then functionality that uses html replacements for certain query breaking characters. A very basic example being: ?{What|option A, this|option B,?{What else|option c,that|option d,the other}} fun eh! Ahhh like the portion of my broken macro that first asks if it's a sneak attack then asks how many die if the answer was yes. Never knew what the term for that was called and I had been tryna Google how to make more lol. You've already helped me a bunch! I look forward to seeing what solution you're able to come up with. Thank you so much for the help good sir! ^_^
Ziechael said: I' ll have a play and see what I can come up with but it might not be a quick thing given how complex a build this is... So I reformatted some of my earlier info from my original post to try to help make things clearer and easier to see and broke the aspects of what I'm looking to put into the macro into 3 sections - dynamic and static parts Dynamic parts include:  Flailing Strikes If sneak attack is applied and if so how many die Invisible Flanking Sacrifice spell Dex added to damage a second time if flat footed Static parts include: Rerolled 1s on sneak die Strength and dex to attack Strength dex and cha to damage Current level to damage Altered bab 3 extra attacks at full bab (similar to the speed enchant) Static damage being multiplied on crits Also she's a TWF but that shouldn't matter too much because I'll basically just copy the macro for a second weapon and roll each individually making small changes in the macro to make it work.  I hope this helps you help me lol! XD
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So on a standard attack (and full attack) how many attacks does she have and at what bab, also which weapon slot each attack uses? I'm getting 10 attacks with the altered bab and 3 additional full bab attacks? Are they all with weapon 1 and one from weapon 5 (for TWF?), what's your mod for TWF (I'm assuming -2/-2 given the advanced build)?

Edited 1586274025
Ziechael said: So on a standard attack (and full attack) how many attacks does she have and at what bab, also which weapon slot each attack uses? I'm getting 10 attacks with the altered bab and 3 additional full bab attacks? Are they all with weapon 1 and one from weapon 5 (for TWF?), what's your mod for TWF (I'm assuming -2/-2 given the advanced build)? So I actually had 6 weapon macros initially because of lack of room and it coming from a higher level character >"< Yes her mod for TWF is -2/-2 So shes level 12 so with the modified bab but not including TWF or Flailing Strike Negatives her attacks look something like this: 12/9/6/3 she then gets three more at 12/12/12 and she would get 1d4-1 more from Flailing Strike. This is per hand :O Flailing Strike would apply another -2 penalty on top of the one from TWF but Flailing Strike (FS for short) can only be used in full attack actions so the penalty would also only apply to then. If you're curious I could show you how I got that many attacks at such a low level! :D Also I'm sorry for the complexity of this and I really thank you for the help! Ps. I realized I didn't answer the question about weapon slots. Basically the only reason I had more than 2 was because I couldn't figure out how to fit all the strikes in one macro without breaking it lol Pps. And honestly if you can help me with the hard stuff I can fix the stuff like which weapon numbers and such it applies to. Like I'm not completely a dunce at macros and coding just this is a bit.... much lol

Edited 1586507783
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ok... here goes... I played around with a few nesting options but your build is so  complex that it would be unwieldy at best ! Instead I settled for a  'maximum impact, minimum upkeep' approach which sadly does mean you have a few queries to answer each time you run an attack but you should only need 2 visible token macros to actually run it all. For this setup you'll need a handful of token abilities: Call it 'Main Hand' or whatever and set to be a token action Call if 'Off Hand' or whatever and set to be a token action Call it FS0 (no variation on this, it has  to be called that), no need to have this one as a token action Call it FS1 (no variation on this, it  has  to be called that), no need to have this one as a token action Call it FS2 (no variation on this, it  has  to be called that), no need to have this one as a token action Call it FS3 (no variation on this, it  has  to be called that), no need to have this one as a token action As your character grows and the formula for Flailing Strike changes you can easily add more FS options following the pattern above. Now for the macros, again there are customisation options here such as updating the actual weapon macros with portions of the full one but you see on the ball enough to work through that possibility without me :) This is specifically for a full round attack, again you can likely reverse engineer enough to create a standard attack if needed. Note: this will support another 3 attacks to a max of 10... I had to put some things in the subtags2 section because using notes seemed to break it  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   I left the damage die as the default d6 so you'll need to update those with a find/replace but otherwise everything else should be covered... Main Hand !?{Invis|No,0|Yes,2} ?{Flank|No,0|Yes,2} ?{Power Attack (max @{bab})|0} ?{Flailing Strike|No,0|Yes,2} ?{Target Flatfooted|No,1|Yes,2} ?{Additional Attack Bonus|0} ?{Additional Damage Bonus|0} ?{Spell Sacrifice Level|0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9} ?{Sneak Attack|No,0|Yes,?{Sneak Attack Dice|1}d6r1} &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtags=attacks with her main hand, a @{weapon1name} }} {{subtags2= Spell Sacrifice: +[[?{Spell Sacrifice Level}d10 ]] damage! [Flailing Strike?](~FS[[ [[ 1d4-1 ]] ]])}} {{attack1=Full:[[1d20cs>@{weapon1critmin} +@{meleeattackbonus} +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] -2[TWF] +?{Invis}[Invis] +?{Flank}[Flank] -?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus}[Ad'l Atk Bon] -?{Flailing Strike}[Flailing Strike] ]] }} {{critconfirm1=Crit?:[[1d20 +@{meleeattackbonus} +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] -2[TWF] +?{Invis}[Invis] +?{Flank}[Flank] -?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus}[Ad'l Atk Bon] -?{Flailing Strike}[Flailing Strike] ]] }} {{damage1=D1: [[ 1d6 + [[ @{str-mod} + (@{dex-mod}*?{Target Flatfooted}) + @{cha-mod} ]][Abilities] +@{level}[Level] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Sneak Attack}[Sneak Att] +?{Additional Damage Bonus}[Ad'l Dmg Bon] ]] }} {{critdmg1= +[[ [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]]d6 + [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) *( [[ @{str-mod} + (@{dex-mod}*?{Target Flatfooted}) + @{cha-mod} ]][Abilities] +@{level}[Level] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus}[Ad'l Dmg Bon]) ]] ]] }} {{fullattackflag= [[ 1d1 ]] }} {{attack2=BaB2:[[1d20cs>@{weapon1critmin} -3 +@{meleeattackbonus} +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] -2[TWF] +?{Invis}[Invis] +?{Flank}[Flank] -?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus}[Ad'l Atk Bon] -?{Flailing Strike}[Flailing Strike] ]] }} {{critconfirm2=Crit?:[[1d20 +@{meleeattackbonus} -3 +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] -2[TWF] +?{Invis}[Invis] +?{Flank}[Flank] -?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus}[Ad'l Atk Bon] -?{Flailing Strike}[Flailing Strike] ]] }} {{damage2=D: [[ 1d6 + [[ @{str-mod} + (@{dex-mod}*?{Target Flatfooted}) + @{cha-mod} ]][Abilities] +@{level}[Level] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Sneak Attack}[Sneak Att] +?{Additional Damage Bonus}[Ad'l Dmg Bon] ]] }} {{critdmg2= +[[ [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]]d6 + [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) *( [[ @{str-mod} + (@{dex-mod}*?{Target Flatfooted}) + @{cha-mod} ]][Abilities] +@{level}[Level] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus}[Ad'l Dmg Bon]) ]] ]] }} {{attack3=BaB3:[[1d20cs>@{weapon1critmin} -6 +@{meleeattackbonus} +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] -2[TWF] +?{Invis}[Invis] +?{Flank}[Flank] -?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus}[Ad'l Atk Bon] -?{Flailing Strike}[Flailing Strike] ]] }} {{critconfirm3=Crit?:[[1d20 +@{meleeattackbonus} -6 +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] -2[TWF] +?{Invis}[Invis] +?{Flank}[Flank] -?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus}[Ad'l Atk Bon] -?{Flailing Strike}[Flailing Strike] ]] }} {{damage3=D: [[ 1d6 + [[ @{str-mod} + (@{dex-mod}*?{Target Flatfooted}) + @{cha-mod} ]][Abilities] +@{level}[Level] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Sneak Attack}[Sneak Att] +?{Additional Damage Bonus}[Ad'l Dmg Bon] ]] }} {{critdmg3= +[[ [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]]d6 + [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) *( [[ @{str-mod} + (@{dex-mod}*?{Target Flatfooted}) + @{cha-mod} ]][Abilities] +@{level}[Level] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus}[Ad'l Dmg Bon]) ]] ]] }} {{attack4=BaB4:[[1d20cs>@{weapon1critmin} -9 +@{meleeattackbonus} +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] -2[TWF] +?{Invis}[Invis] +?{Flank}[Flank] -?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus}[Ad'l Atk Bon] -?{Flailing Strike}[Flailing Strike] ]] }} {{critconfirm4=Crit?:[[1d20 +@{meleeattackbonus} -9 +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] -2[TWF] +?{Invis}[Invis] +?{Flank}[Flank] -?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus}[Ad'l Atk Bon] -?{Flailing Strike}[Flailing Strike] ]] }} {{damage4=D: [[ 1d6 + [[ @{str-mod} + (@{dex-mod}*?{Target Flatfooted}) + @{cha-mod} ]][Abilities] +@{level}[Level] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Sneak Attack}[Sneak Att] +?{Additional Damage Bonus}[Ad'l Dmg Bon] ]] }} {{critdmg4= +[[ [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]]d6 + [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) *( [[ @{str-mod} + (@{dex-mod}*?{Target Flatfooted}) + @{cha-mod} ]][Abilities] +@{level}[Level] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus}[Ad'l Dmg Bon]) ]] ]] }} {{attack5=Full:[[1d20cs>@{weapon1critmin} +@{meleeattackbonus} +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] -2[TWF] +?{Invis}[Invis] +?{Flank}[Flank] -?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus}[Ad'l Atk Bon] -?{Flailing Strike}[Flailing Strike] ]] }} {{critconfirm5=Crit?:[[1d20 +@{meleeattackbonus} +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] -2[TWF] +?{Invis}[Invis] +?{Flank}[Flank] -?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus}[Ad'l Atk Bon] -?{Flailing Strike}[Flailing Strike] ]] }} {{damage5=D: [[ 1d6 + [[ @{str-mod} + (@{dex-mod}*?{Target Flatfooted}) + @{cha-mod} ]][Abilities] +@{level}[Level] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Sneak Attack}[Sneak Att] +?{Additional Damage Bonus}[Ad'l Dmg Bon] ]] }} {{critdmg5= +[[ [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]]d6 + [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) *( [[ @{str-mod} + (@{dex-mod}*?{Target Flatfooted}) + @{cha-mod} ]][Abilities] +@{level}[Level] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus}[Ad'l Dmg Bon]) ]] ]] }} {{attack6=Full:[[1d20cs>@{weapon1critmin} +@{meleeattackbonus} +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] -2[TWF] +?{Invis}[Invis] +?{Flank}[Flank] -?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus}[Ad'l Atk Bon] -?{Flailing Strike}[Flailing Strike] ]] }} {{critconfirm6=Crit?:[[1d20 +@{meleeattackbonus} +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] -2[TWF] +?{Invis}[Invis] +?{Flank}[Flank] -?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus}[Ad'l Atk Bon] -?{Flailing Strike}[Flailing Strike] ]] }} {{damage6=D: [[ 1d6 + [[ @{str-mod} + (@{dex-mod}*?{Target Flatfooted}) + @{cha-mod} ]][Abilities] +@{level}[Level] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Sneak Attack}[Sneak Att] +?{Additional Damage Bonus}[Ad'l Dmg Bon] ]] }} {{critdmg6= +[[ [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]]d6 + [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) *( [[ @{str-mod} + (@{dex-mod}*?{Target Flatfooted}) + @{cha-mod} ]][Abilities] +@{level}[Level] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus}[Ad'l Dmg Bon]) ]] ]] }} Off Hand Simply copy/paste the Main Hand and update the weapon slot and flavour text in the subtags section. You can also remove the subtags2 section completely and remove the ?{Spell Sacrifice Level} query from the first line. Clicking the button generated on the Main Hand will run the appropriate Flailing Strike ability based on the roll (1d4-1) so these next abilities are only run if you click that button: FS0 Can put anything in here since it doesn't actually do anything since the 1d4-1 result was a 0... I opted for: /em does no extra strikes... how chaotic! The rest are all just reductions of FS3 but for ease here they are in isolation: FS1 !?{Invis|No,0|Yes,2} ?{Flank|No,0|Yes,2} ?{Power Attack (max @{bab})|0} ?{Target Flatfooted|No,1|Yes,2} ?{Additional Attack Bonus|0} ?{Additional Damage Bonus|0} ?{Sneak Attack|No,0|Yes,?{Sneak Attack Dice|1}d6r1} &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtags=attacks with her main hand, a @{weapon1name} }} {{attack1=Full:[[1d20cs>@{weapon1critmin} +@{meleeattackbonus} +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] -2[TWF] +?{Invis}[Invis] +?{Flank}[Flank] -?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus}[Ad'l Atk Bon] -2[Flailing Strike] ]] }} {{critconfirm1=Crit?:[[1d20 +@{meleeattackbonus} +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] -2[TWF] +?{Invis}[Invis] +?{Flank}[Flank] -?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus}[Ad'l Atk Bon] -2[Flailing Strike] ]] }} {{damage1=D1: [[ 1d6 + [[ @{str-mod} + (@{dex-mod}*?{Target Flatfooted}) + @{cha-mod} ]][Abilities] +@{level}[Level] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Sneak Attack}[Sneak Att] +?{Additional Damage Bonus}[Ad'l Dmg Bon] ]] }} {{critdmg1= +[[ [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]]d6 + [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) *( [[ @{str-mod} + (@{dex-mod}*?{Target Flatfooted}) + @{cha-mod} ]][Abilities] +@{level}[Level] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus}[Ad'l Dmg Bon]) ]] ]] }} FS2 !?{Invis|No,0|Yes,2} ?{Flank|No,0|Yes,2} ?{Power Attack (max @{bab})|0} ?{Target Flatfooted|No,1|Yes,2} ?{Additional Attack Bonus|0} ?{Additional Damage Bonus|0} ?{Sneak Attack|No,0|Yes,?{Sneak Attack Dice|1}d6r1} &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtags=attacks with her main hand, a @{weapon1name} }} {{attack1=Full:[[1d20cs>@{weapon1critmin} +@{meleeattackbonus} +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] -2[TWF] +?{Invis}[Invis] +?{Flank}[Flank] -?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus}[Ad'l Atk Bon] -2[Flailing Strike] ]] }} {{critconfirm1=Crit?:[[1d20 +@{meleeattackbonus} +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] -2[TWF] +?{Invis}[Invis] +?{Flank}[Flank] -?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus}[Ad'l Atk Bon] -2[Flailing Strike] ]] }} {{damage1=D1: [[ 1d6 + [[ @{str-mod} + (@{dex-mod}*?{Target Flatfooted}) + @{cha-mod} ]][Abilities] +@{level}[Level] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Sneak Attack}[Sneak Att] +?{Additional Damage Bonus}[Ad'l Dmg Bon] ]] }} {{critdmg1= +[[ [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]]d6 + [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) *( [[ @{str-mod} + (@{dex-mod}*?{Target Flatfooted}) + @{cha-mod} ]][Abilities] +@{level}[Level] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus}[Ad'l Dmg Bon]) ]] ]] }} {{fullattackflag= [[ 1d1 ]] }} {{attack2=BaB2:[[1d20cs>@{weapon1critmin} -3 +@{meleeattackbonus} +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] -2[TWF] +?{Invis}[Invis] +?{Flank}[Flank] -?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus}[Ad'l Atk Bon] -2[Flailing Strike] ]] }} {{critconfirm2=Crit?:[[1d20 +@{meleeattackbonus} -3 +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] -2[TWF] +?{Invis}[Invis] +?{Flank}[Flank] -?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus}[Ad'l Atk Bon] -2[Flailing Strike] ]] }} {{damage2=D: [[ 1d6 + [[ @{str-mod} + (@{dex-mod}*?{Target Flatfooted}) + @{cha-mod} ]][Abilities] +@{level}[Level] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Sneak Attack}[Sneak Att] +?{Additional Damage Bonus}[Ad'l Dmg Bon] ]] }} {{critdmg2= +[[ [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]]d6 + [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) *( [[ @{str-mod} + (@{dex-mod}*?{Target Flatfooted}) + @{cha-mod} ]][Abilities] +@{level}[Level] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus}[Ad'l Dmg Bon]) ]] ]] }} FS3 !?{Invis|No,0|Yes,2} ?{Flank|No,0|Yes,2} ?{Power Attack (max @{bab})|0} ?{Target Flatfooted|No,1|Yes,2} ?{Additional Attack Bonus|0} ?{Additional Damage Bonus|0} ?{Sneak Attack|No,0|Yes,?{Sneak Attack Dice|1}d6r1} &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtags=attacks with her main hand, a @{weapon1name} }} {{attack1=Full:[[1d20cs>@{weapon1critmin} +@{meleeattackbonus} +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] -2[TWF] +?{Invis}[Invis] +?{Flank}[Flank] -?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus}[Ad'l Atk Bon] -2[Flailing Strike] ]] }} {{critconfirm1=Crit?:[[1d20 +@{meleeattackbonus} +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] -2[TWF] +?{Invis}[Invis] +?{Flank}[Flank] -?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus}[Ad'l Atk Bon] -2[Flailing Strike] ]] }} {{damage1=D1: [[ 1d6 + [[ @{str-mod} + (@{dex-mod}*?{Target Flatfooted}) + @{cha-mod} ]][Abilities] +@{level}[Level] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Sneak Attack}[Sneak Att] +?{Additional Damage Bonus}[Ad'l Dmg Bon] ]] }} {{critdmg1= +[[ [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]]d6 + [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) *( [[ @{str-mod} + (@{dex-mod}*?{Target Flatfooted}) + @{cha-mod} ]][Abilities] +@{level}[Level] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus}[Ad'l Dmg Bon]) ]] ]] }} {{fullattackflag= [[ 1d1 ]] }} {{attack2=BaB2:[[1d20cs>@{weapon1critmin} -3 +@{meleeattackbonus} +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] -2[TWF] +?{Invis}[Invis] +?{Flank}[Flank] -?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus}[Ad'l Atk Bon] -2[Flailing Strike] ]] }} {{critconfirm2=Crit?:[[1d20 +@{meleeattackbonus} -3 +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] -2[TWF] +?{Invis}[Invis] +?{Flank}[Flank] -?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus}[Ad'l Atk Bon] -2[Flailing Strike] ]] }} {{damage2=D: [[ 1d6 + [[ @{str-mod} + (@{dex-mod}*?{Target Flatfooted}) + @{cha-mod} ]][Abilities] +@{level}[Level] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Sneak Attack}[Sneak Att] +?{Additional Damage Bonus}[Ad'l Dmg Bon] ]] }} {{critdmg2= +[[ [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]]d6 + [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) *( [[ @{str-mod} + (@{dex-mod}*?{Target Flatfooted}) + @{cha-mod} ]][Abilities] +@{level}[Level] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus}[Ad'l Dmg Bon]) ]] ]] }} {{attack3=BaB3:[[1d20cs>@{weapon1critmin} -6 +@{meleeattackbonus} +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] -2[TWF] +?{Invis}[Invis] +?{Flank}[Flank] -?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus}[Ad'l Atk Bon] -2[Flailing Strike] ]] }} {{critconfirm3=Crit?:[[1d20 +@{meleeattackbonus} -6 +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] -2[TWF] +?{Invis}[Invis] +?{Flank}[Flank] -?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus}[Ad'l Atk Bon] -2[Flailing Strike] ]] }} {{damage3=D: [[ 1d6 + [[ @{str-mod} + (@{dex-mod}*?{Target Flatfooted}) + @{cha-mod} ]][Abilities] +@{level}[Level] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Sneak Attack}[Sneak Att] +?{Additional Damage Bonus}[Ad'l Dmg Bon] ]] }} {{critdmg3= +[[ [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]]d6 + [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) *( [[ @{str-mod} + (@{dex-mod}*?{Target Flatfooted}) + @{cha-mod} ]][Abilities] +@{level}[Level] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack (max @{bab})}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus}[Ad'l Dmg Bon]) ]] ]] }} I didn't bother with toggles for TWF given that if you aren't using it then you are a fool ;) Final notes: The first line provides a way to organise the queries in whatever order you like, you can move them around as you see fit as long as they stay on the same line following the '!'. Also, I defaulted them to 'No' and minimum output but again, you can change them to set your own rapid fire default options. I hope it helps get you going, I'll likely obsess over a few other details to see if I can find elegant solutions that don't overly add to the complexity of the macro.

Edited 1586383792
So I'm getting this error when I set it all up: TypeError: Cannot read property 'substring' of undefined After receiving that error on a hunch I went in and changed "character_name" to my actual characters name but it still came up with the same error. I will be researching how to fix this but hopefully you might know a quick fix or something I did wrong lol Thank you so much for all you're help thus far! That macro is WAY WAY more than I thought it was gonna be. I'm glad I sought out your help or I would have never figured out how to write it lol. XD
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hmm strange, I tested it many times while perfecting it and never had an issue... something must be missing on your sheet, check to make sure all the attributes being called have values in them and are of the appropriate type (no NaN values for example).

Edited 1586399228
Ziechael said: Hmm strange, I tested it many times while perfecting it and never had an issue... something must be missing on your sheet, check to make sure all the attributes being called have values in them and are of the appropriate type (no NaN values for example). A call will always be with the @ symbol right? EDIT:  I think I found the issue. The attribute meleeattackbonus is not on my attributes list under abilities and attributes and normally to add one I'd just click in its box and edit it which automatically puts in on the list or if its custom I add it manually. However you can't edit your meleeattackbonus on a 3.5 sheet that I knowof so I'm not sure how to add it to the list short of adding it as a custom option and updating it every level. Know any tricks before I try that? Also I'm afraid of it interfering with other macros or cancelling itself out since there would be 2 attributes kindof with the same name. EDIT 2:  So I added it manually as a custom attribute and set its value however I still got the same error after doing so so I don't think that's the only issue (I also changed my characters name back to "character_name" like normal)
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
meleeattackbonus is a calculated field, just cuts out the need to call bab, str-mod, epic attack bonus blah blah blah... so it shouldn't be that. I would assume it to be @{level} or something like that, as a multi-class what do you have in that field? It's common that people would put something like 'Fighter 3/Cleric 2' which would break calculations... without seeing the full sheet it's going to be hard to diagnose :(
Ziechael said: meleeattackbonus is a calculated field, just cuts out the need to call bab, str-mod, epic attack bonus blah blah blah... so it shouldn't be that. I would assume it to be @{level} or something like that, as a multi-class what do you have in that field? It's common that people would put something like 'Fighter 3/Cleric 2' which would break calculations... without seeing the full sheet it's going to be hard to diagnose :( I have just the number "11" in it. I messaged you on discord and am ready to show you her sheet as soon as you're ready ^_^