Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5E - some spells don't work right

Hi All, I have had most of my players make their characters via the charactermancer.   One of the things I have noticed between those that don't make it that way and those who drag their spells into the character is that some of their spells work differently when clicked on.  For example: FIREBOLT  When added via the charactermancer, you click on the spell on the sheet....and it throws up the spell description card in the chat window. If it was dragged and dropped into the character sheet and you click on it, it rolls the "to hit" and rolls damage.   I am wondering how many other spells are like this?   Is the best answer to just delete and drag and drop all the spells into the spell book?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Not sure why the difference in the way they are set, but those are toggles you can set on each spell.
keithcurtis said: Not sure why the difference in the way they are set, but those are toggles you can set on each spell. Where would the toggles be?   I looked, but couldn't find where.   I am, of course, an idiot.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It's no longer as simple as it once was. It is now a two step process. When you hover over the spell, there is an "i" icon to expand the spell. Once it has expanded, there is a gear icon to edit the spell. The option to show a spell card is in the edit block under "Show Spellcard." Why this method is not interface-consistent with the traits from the Core tab, I don't know. For damage, you can save a second click by turning on Auto Damage Roll and Crit. on the Settings tab.
I'll try that, thanks!
I have the same problem, the spells on my players characters when set by charactermancer have the "action" option but behave as "scorecard" <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8475161/charactermancer-spells-action/?pageforid=8475161#post-8475161" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8475161/charactermancer-spells-action/?pageforid=8475161#post-8475161</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It looks like that last issue may have been addressed with the hotfix release this morning.
Thanks!