Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Character Sheet translation with dynamic sheet logo

Hi there, I'm starting to review some character sheets in order to allow their translations in different languages. In particular, there are some games which name and logo changes with the language (example.: "Adventures in Middle-Earth" in italian becomes "Avventure nella Terra di Mezzo", and also its logo image changes accordingly). Is there a way to allow the template to also set a different image based on the actual i18n language set?  In practical terms, I'd like to have these two versions: set automatically with i18n. Any ideas?

Edited 1586332153
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I had a similar problem with i18n translation and the sheet logo.  I couldn't figure out a way to swap images based on language. Considering roll20 supports 20 languages, would you make a new image logo for each language? ;-( I ended up dumping the image-based logo and simply changed to a text-based one. Hopefully you can find a google web font ( recently added to roll20 ) close to the game's logo and with a little css wrangling get something satisfactory that can be easily translated for everyone. 

Edited 1586352926
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
The DnD5E sheet by Roll20 at least had language-specific things in the css(that I made), you could check it out for how it's done. If you can't find it, I can try dig up things later this week.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Andreas J. said: The DnD5E sheet by Roll20 at least had language-specific things in the css(that I made), you could check it out for how it's done. If you can't find it, I can try dig up things later this week. I would love to see an example of swapping images based on the language detected. 
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
The language-specific overrides in the 5E sheet's CSS . It simply overrides the default css of some section, and replaces it with the version tied to the language. You just have to structure the sheet so the logo's url is in the css, and simply create a language-specific that has a different url to the swedish image.