Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Phandelver Vault Access Removed from all previous purchases?

Edited 1586363873
Lost mines of Phandelver went free-2-play today, but when I purchased it it had all vault access. Now it does not and my players cannot import characters. I've been using this game as my home room for some time as a non-subbed roll20 user to DM for friends and now all the content I built in that room is locked behind my not owning a subscription. Its a dirty move to reduce the features on a product you sold on the market place and hide it behind a subscription. Is this just a bug, or a cash grab by roll20 to get more subs? Not impressed. Edit: Roll20 Devs acknowledged this was an unintended bug and will be patched soon.
I’ll have to look this up. I just bought it YESTERDAY (some timing), and I’m going to be really upset if I lost features on top of wasting money
If your subscribe, you will not lose access, but if you are a free account it means players can no longer import to games made using the module like they did before. Another DM in my play group is having the same issue, they just started DMing, and now their room is locked from their players. The big issue is since my group is built on portability between multiple DMs and sessions it totally cripples my ability to host games for my group.
I imagine the Character Vault problem is an unintentional error, and I would report it on the Bug Forum.
I submitted a ticket. Hopefully it gets sorted out before I have to cancel my session. It is a market place product, and it cannot be assumed it is an error, so I posted it here.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I reported this also. This is 99.999% likely to be an unforeseen consequence of how the product is handled programatically. I'm sure it will be cleared up soon.
Turning this free for a limited time was a request from WOTC as part of their COVID-19 response. I didn't envision it impacting anything else but the price, but I've asked the dev team to look into it. Apologies for causing some unanticipated problems!
I am content now that it has been acknowledged as an error. Now I can go back to building more content in peace. Hope it gets resolved soon.
This is still broken. I understand you are not looking at rolling back this change and are trying to patch it instead. I've already had to cancel one of my games this week due to this bug. Is there any timeline on when this will be fixed? If its not a priority to fix this can roll20 hook me up with a month of plus so I can stop worrying about this for a while? I don't want to have to rebuild the entire game from scratch in another room, it would take me multiple weeks to do so.