Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

One Macro button to check the entire party's skills.

With Pathfinder 2e having so many secret checks, what I'd like to do is have a Roll20 macro where I select a skill, and it whispers to me all of the character's rolls for that particular skill. Now, I can easily set up one macro for each skill, but it'd be great to have one button to do that for whichever skill I want. To go into more detail...Here's a Macro I have for giving me all of the party's Perception, for when they all say "I search the room," or something similar. /w Kurt &{template:default}{{name=All Perceptions}}{{Finn=[[1d20+@{Finn|perception}]]}}{{Ba'ktor=[[1d20+@{Ba'ktor|perception}]]}}{{Rogar=[[1d20+@{Rogar|perception}]]}}{{Amelyn=[[1d20+@{Amelyn|perception}]]}}{{Grizz=[[1d20+@{Grizz|perception}]]}}{{Yonk=[[1d20+@{Yonk|perception}]]}} And here's a macro I have for when one character needs to roll a secret skill check: /w Kurt &{template:default}{{name=Secret Skill Check}}{{@{target|character_name}=[[1d20+ ?{Skill|ID-Arcana/Recall-Arcana,@{target|arcana}|ID Alchemy/RK-Crafting,@{target|crafting}|Impersonate/Lie,@{target|deception}|Gather Info,@{target|diplomacy}|RK-Medicine,@{target|medicine}|ID-Nature/RK-Nature,@{target|nature}|ID-Occult/RK-Occultism,@{target|occultism}|ID-Religion/RK-Religion,@{target|religion}|Create Forgery/RK-Society,@{target|society}|Conceal Object/Hide/Sneak,@{target|stealth}|Sense Direction,@{target|survival}|RK-Lore(Ask for bonus),0}]]}} Basically, I want to kind of combine these, so when I click the macro button, it asks "Which skill do you want?" Then, instead of making the roll for one targeted character, it makes that roll for every character in the party.  (I could do one basic macro for each skill, but I'd really like to reduce the number of buttons on the screen).  Doing some research, I've seen that I need the API to be able to hold onto a variable like "which skill are we testing" and passing that on to each member of the party, but I can't find exactly how to do that.  Can anyone help?
I see you're a pro user, what about using the group check api?  With it, you simply draw a square around the people you want to group check and hit the macro button and then choose the check you want to roll.  The result comes up in a nice clean interface.
Thank you for the suggestion.  I have added the Group Check API.  Unfortunately, Pathfinder 2e is not one of the set options to import, so I need to add it manually.  I tried to add in a few of the saving throws to start with as a JSON file, but I keep getting the "Unexpected Token" error.  I ran it through a JSON verifier, and it came back as Valid, but Roll20 doesn't seem to like it.  Here's what I wrote: "Fort": {"name" : "Fortitude Save","formula" : "[[d20 + @{saving_throws_fortitude}]]"}, "Ref": {"name" : "Reflex Save","formula" : "[[d20 + @{saving_throws_reflex}]]"}, "Will": {"name" : "Will Save","formula" : "[[d20 + @{saving_throws_will}]]"} If someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong there, I'd be happy to create a whole Pathfinder 2E JSON file that's readily available to import.

Edited 1586770695
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Looking at documentation there are a couple of potential issues: Attributes to be filled in in FORMULA need to be specified as \at{name}; inline roll brackets ("[[" or "]]") should be replaced by "\[", respectively "\]" And the whole thing should be wrapped in '{ }': {"Fort": {"name" : "Fortitude Save","formula" : "\[d20 + \at{saving_throws_fortitude}\]"},"Ref": {"name" : "Reflex Save","formula" : "\[d20 + \at{saving_throws_reflex}\]"},"Will": {"name" : "Will Save","formula" : "\[d20 + \at{saving_throws_will}\]"}} I'm not sure on how doing multiples at once will work but the above should cover it... I think, if not try doing them one at a time?