Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Traduciendo de hojas de personaje - Translating Character Sheets

¡Buenas a todos! Mi idea es empezar a traducir varias de las fichas que hay en roll20 al castellano, ya que al estar en cuarentena tampoco tenemos mucho mas que hacer. Mi duda es si debería subirse como una ficha nueva, o por el contrario, si puedo descargarme una ficha ya creada (por ejemplo de AD&D 1ª) traducirla y subirla de alguna manera como una traducción. ¿Alguien puede ayudar? Good morning to everyone! My idea is to start translating several of the files on roll20 into Spanish, since being in quarentine we don't have munch else to do either. My question is whether it should be uploaded as a new file, or on the contrary, if i can download an already created file (for example from AD&D 1st) translate it and upload it in some way as a translation. Can anyone help?

Edited 1590331229
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Ainhur said: My idea is to start translating several of the files on roll20 into Spanish, since being in quarentine we don't have munch else to do either. My question is whether it should be uploaded as a new file, or on the contrary, if i can download an already created file (for example from AD&amp;D 1st) translate it and upload it in some way as a translation. It depends. What character sheet did you want to translate? (Please share their full name.) If the character sheet has a "translations" folder with a " es.json " where the character sheets can be found on Github , you can download and edit it, and then share the translated file with us and someone of us can upload it to GitHub . It's a bit complicated to upload things for the first time, so it could be easier for us who do it often to do so for you. If the sheet doesn't have a "translations" folder, then the i18n-translation tags need to be placed in the HTML file and the translation file generated, which is also a bit of work . Example of a character sheet that have a translated es.json file . Here is a chacter sheet that doesn't have a translated es.json file . You can test how the translations work in a campaign where you select "custom character sheet" if you copy the html-file, css-file, and the es.json file and save it in the three tabs of the Custom Sheet Editor . The other alternative is that you email to <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> and ask to become a translator, and you would be granted access to the CrowdIn service roll20 uses. There you could translate any character sheet easy without needing to download or upload anything. But currently Roll20 is getting between 5 and 10 times more email than usual, so it might take them a while until they get to your email and give you CrowdIn access.
¡Muchísimas gracias por la ayuda! Me ha quedado bastante más claro los pasos a dar, inicialmente mi idea era traducir la de AD&amp;D 1a o crear de 0 un sistema OSR bastante popular en España llamado La Marca del Este. Pero supongo que lo primero sería empezar a traducir y aprender cómo funciona a través de fichas ya creadas. Muchas gracias :) Thanks so much for the help! The steps to take have become much clearer, initially my idea was to translate AD&amp;D 1st or create from 0 a fairly popular OSR system in Spain called La Marca del Este. But I suppose the first thing would be to start translating and learning how it works through already created tabs. Thank you so much :)