Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

FFG Star Wars Suggestion Engine

Hi, I have just signed up to the pro account so that I could get access to the API and use the Star Wars Character sheets. I was under the impression that when you rolled dice it would give a suggestion of what to do with the advantage. I can't see this anywhere, or where to activate it.  Also is there a how to use guide somewhere that is not the wiki? As the wiki looks like its more for programmers than users. Thanks. Appreciate all the work that has gone into this. Cheers Mark
What's interesting is that those suggestions are in the sourcecode for the sheet, but the API sheet hasn't been updated since 2016. Here's an example of what's in the source for Astrogation:   Astrogation:  {              success:  [                 {                      text:   "Better target for the destination, e.g.: place vessel directly into orbit around target planet." ,                      required:   1                 },                 { text:   "Reduce time spent calculating." ,  required:   1 }             ],              advantage:  [                 { text:   "Reduce travel time." ,  required:   1 },                 { text:   "Identify convenient stopovers to resupply or conduct additional business." ,  required:   1 }             ],              triumph:  [                 { text:   "Complete calculations in minimum time." ,  required:   1 },                 { text:   "Greatly reduce travel time." ,  required:   1 },                 { text:   "Reveal highly valuable but previously unknown information." ,  required:   1 }             ],              threat:  [                 { text:   "Decrease accuracy of hyperspace jump." ,  required:   1 },                 { text:   "Increase travel time." ,  required:   1 },                 { text:   "Miss relevant details when analyzing hyperspace routes or galactic maps." ,  required:   1 }             ],              despair:  [                 { text:   "Greatly decrease accuracy of hyperspace jump." ,  required:   1 },                 { text:   "Greatly increase travel time." ,  required:   1 },                 {                      text:   "Miss large amounts of relevant details when analyzing hyperspace routes or galactic maps." ,                      required:   1                 },                 {                      text:   "Trigger something truly awful happening, such as jumping out of hyperspace in the path of an asteroid." ,                      required:   1                 }             ]
Thanks Keith, does it say in the code when it is supposed to display that information? I cant seem to make it show up anywhere. Thanks again.
It's under the settings section on the GM sheet. There is an option there ro enable roll suggestions.  There are a few video tutorials on YT.
Thanks