Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Need a good token to represent the party for overland travel

Hey all! I'm looking for a good token to represent a group of adventurers, or for the party as a whole.  I can't seem to find anything good, mostly swimming in tokens for individuals.  I'd like to give control of the token to the players for overland travel and have them explore/reveal the map using advanced fog of war and dynamic lighting. Any suggestions or good token packs that will fit the bill? Planning on a hexcrawl style aesthetic for this map portion of my campaign.

Edited 1586423275
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Don't know if this helps but I use a simple utility token from Hex-Kit for the very same purpose. It's just hex with a sword on it but it really stands out on the map. The star indicating a quest goal is from the same set.
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Mike F. said: Hey all! I'm looking for a good token to represent a group of adventurers, or for the party as a whole.  I can't seem to find anything good, mostly swimming in tokens for individuals.  I'd like to give control of the token to the players for overland travel and have them explore/reveal the map using advanced fog of war and dynamic lighting. Any suggestions or good token packs that will fit the bill? Planning on a hexcrawl style aesthetic for this map portion of my campaign. The feature you are looking for is built into any of the "Complete" sets made by Loremasters. There is a unique party token in each set, an overview exploration map, and battle maps for each section. There is also a Demo video for each. Complete Woodlands Complete Fantasy Town "Complete Caves" should be available in the next week or so. 
Gold
Forum Champion
I use the Letter tokens (or symbols there-in). For me these tend to stand-out against maps with the token having a high saturation and I (as GM) can see it and identify it even if I am zoomed out 50%, 30%, 10%. Marketplace example (there are several competing sets with different colors and fonts): <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/3115/letter-tokens-i-circles" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/3115/letter-tokens-i-circles</a>
I like having a party tracker for travel as well. I usually make a mini portrait with a group Logo or a stylized pin and then just import it as a token.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I've used just a simple wagon, a horse, a ship, or even an airship in games before.
Thanks All!&nbsp; I appreciate the great tips!