Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Seeing if this is possible: Macro to randomly choose from one of several tables.

Hey all, just getting started with Pro and wanted to dive deeper into a custom table for bouts of madness. Basically, I want a chance of one of the following happening (parentheses are the weighted odds of it happening): Roll a random bout of madness action (8) Roll a random phobia to gain (1) Roll a random mania to gain. (1) I'd hope to have a table set up for each of those three that I could then edit as I think of fun things to add. The only other option I've though of for this is listing out all of the phobias and manias as options, but I've read that roll20 doesn't appreciate tables with 1,000+ entries. So is there anything existing that can do that? Maybe with recursive tables?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
By default you cant do this. Rollable Tables cant include rolls, table class - their entries are treate as just text. But as a Pro user to have access to Aaron's recursive tables script. You could create a table with those 3 entries, and the listed weightings. Each entry would be a table call for the relevant table. RecursiveTables will roll any rolls embedded in a table entry.