Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Dynamic Lighting image mask import

The ability to import and image with transparency to use as a mask/ object in the dynamic lighting layer. It would be highly useful when creating a map, if you could make a solid image of the negative space around a map that could be imported to the dynamic light layer and be recognized as an object. This would speed up the creation of dynamic maps to no end and make it much easier to keep your players on a map (particularly a large one) I noticed this was suggested over a year ago but didn't get many votes so I am suggesting it once more. I'm new to roll 20 but and at the moment this would be the tool i would find most useful.

Edited 1586613842
Posted my own before I saw your post here, so I will instead give you my vote and re-post under you if that's ok? I agree it would make things much faster and would free up the drawing tool for specific things on that layer. I don't know how easy this would be to implement, but since the new lighting system is being worked on at the moment... Exporting a map from donjon and just dropping the (mildly edited) png on the light layer instead of the map layer would make the whole setup process much faster. Or opening a map in your editor of choice and painting that transparency layer on it before exporting that to its own png file. Space subtraction is just, at times, a bit easier/faster than adding in the collisions manually. And a few of the more popular map making tools can facilitate such transparency map/mask generation already (well with a bit of work, but still less overall in most cases). It is by no means a "needed" feature but it would be a nice QOL enhancement, to spend that little bit less time in setup and more time playing.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .