Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Measurement Distance for Tokens

I'm new to VTTs and contemplating trying Roll20. I've been practising with the free version, importing maps and moving tokens. However I can't seem to get the tokens to show distance moved. I read somewhere that holding the space bar while moving accomplished this but this doesn't seem to do anything for me. Is this a feature of the paid version?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Things change over time, and I think you are looking at out of date information (spacebar doesn't do that anymore, but it used to).&nbsp; I think this might be what you are looking for: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Manipulating_Graphics#Waypoints" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Manipulating_Graphics#Waypoints</a>
Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah it looks like spacebar doesn't do that any more. However, I tried using the Q key (holding it down, pressing beforehand) and this doesn't do anything either. I guess I need to pay a sub to unlock this feature?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
No, it's just a process thing.&nbsp; Here's what you do: Click and hold a token you want to move Start moving a token with the mouse button held down Press 'Q' to start measuring (optional) press 'Q' additional times to drop waypoints. After moving a token, you can select it and press 'X' to show it's previous move path.
Sorry ignore me. I just have to learn to click on the correct tool. I was on the layer selection. Not the pan and move! Thanks for your help.

Edited 1586444577
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Great!&nbsp; Glad you got it working. =D
If you have a multi-button mouse, a right-click while measuring will also drop a waypoint.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Oh nice!&nbsp; I totally forgot about that!