Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Bug] /w gm not working in macros launched from a nested macro

I have several macro where I /w gm the results. They work as designed. However, when I nest those same macro's within a wrapper macro, the results no longer /w. Instead all players can see the result. This has happened with both wrapper macro's I created this week. The wrapper macro I built last week works fine. The scripts are identical other than rolling against different tables so I do not think it's an error on my part.  Here is a photo of what I'm talking about. The first nested macro is whispered to the GM, but when you launch "lead" the subsequent table roll is not whispered, even though it is set up the same way. Another nested macro that I use to create NPC does the /w fine. And if I run "Lead the way" directly it works fine as well. Something is bugged.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You should post the actual code. There are too many possibilities otherwise. Can you post the wrapper macro that works, one that doesn't work, and a macro that is called by each?
Will do. Give me a minute.
As you know, I can't just copy what is in the wrapper because the code gets butchered after saving anything with !&13; in it. But this is what I cut & paste before building the actual hyperlinks. Wrapper that works: /w gm &{template:default} {{name=Select Gender of NPC}} | {{[Male](!
 #macroname) [Female](!
 #macroname) [Extra Description](!
 #macroname)}} Wrapper that doesn't:  /w gm &{template:default} {{name=Mishaps}} | {{[Lead](!
 #macroname) [Camp](!
 #macroname) [Fishing](!
 #macroname) [Hunting](!
 #macroname) [Foraging](!
 #macroname ) [Sea](!
 #macroname)}} And here is an example of the a linked macro that does not "/w" when launched from the nested macro, but /w when run directly: /w gm &{template:default} {{name=Mishap Hunting}} | {{[[1t[Mishap-Hunting]]]}} And here is one that does work: /w gm &{template:default} {{name=Male NPC Generator}} {{First=[[1t[Name-Prefix]]] [[1t[Names-Male-First-Suffix]]]}}  {{Last= [[1t[Name-Last-Prefix]]] [[1t[Name-Last-Suffix]]]}} {{Vice= [[1t[Name-Vice]]]}} {{Virtue= [[1t[Name-Virtue]]]}} {{Class= [[1t[Description-Class]]]}} {{Attribute= [[1t[Description-Attribute]]]}} Hope this helps. Also, I tried it with and without a "|" after the template name stuff in the macros. Didn't seem to make a difference.
I figured it out. Not a bug; user error. I had to remove the space between the ; and the  # for each of the nested macros. So  [Hunting](!
#macroname) is correct, and  [Hunting](!
 #macroname)  is incorrect if you want the launched macro to whisper.