Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for Design Guides

I'm looking for guides somewhere online that will provide a walkthrough of how to create 2 different things.  I used to be really good with Photoshop (about 15 years ago) but haven't used it in forever and have forgotten everything. :) First, I'd like to learn how to make "sunken dungeons". I'm not sure if there's an actual term for this, but I'm talking about the kind of dungeon maps where the background (edges of map area that PCs can't get to) appears to be at a higher point than the dungeon floor.  I know technically that it's just a matter of putting shadows on the interior walls, but I don't know how to do that exactly. Second, I'd like to learn how to make wall tiles for map creation.  By this I mean where you have like 9 wall segments that you then paste into adjacent grid squares to form maps.  Preferably this would be the wall segments only, not 2 walls with a path between them.  I know I can just create tiles with lines on them, but I need a guide to follow on how to make these realistic. I appreciate any help anyone can provide, especially links to Photoshop or Paint.net walkthroughs.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
That's probably outside the scope of Roll20's forum.&nbsp; I'd suggest looking at the Cartographer's Guild, specifically for tutorials by madcowchef (who is Gabriel Picard!)&nbsp; Here's his profile if you want to start digging:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.cartographersguild.com/member.php?u=66994" rel="nofollow">https://www.cartographersguild.com/member.php?u=66994</a>
Awesome, thank you!&nbsp; And sorry, I wasn't sure really where to post this. :)