Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Converting 10 ft map into playable grid?

So I'm converting old maps drawn on a 10 ft. square method to Roll20. I can't find a good way to line them up. All the forum posts I've been able to find on here are 5+ years old and refer to "units" on the page setup screen - which isn't there anymore.  Can anyone tell me how to convert 10 ft maps to 5 ft squares?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
The easiest way is to line up your map grid with the default page map.&nbsp; Then you go into your map page settings and set the scale to .5.&nbsp; That will give you a 5' Roll20 grid overlapping your 10' map image grid. If you don't like the look of tokens at .5 scale, then set the Roll20 grid scale to 2 (140x140px) to align your map to, and then set it back to 1 (70x70px).&nbsp; Your image would have to be able to stretch twice as far, so may or may not have the resolution to do so and still look nice. Instead of searching for posts, you could check out the help article.&nbsp; I use the totally manual method at the very bottom of the page. <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039243994-Aligning-Maps" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039243994-Aligning-Maps</a>

Edited 1586455353
I hate what a 0.5 grid does to my tokens so I make the grid really stand out ( make it a bright color and fully visible) and then pinch and pull the map to get 4 grid squares inside each 10' square on the map.&nbsp; In the end, if the grid lines don't quite line up with the lines on the map, I turn the grid invisible and just leave the ones on the map.&nbsp; I feel as if this all isn't making complete sense, so feel free to ask further questions...
Perfection! Thanks for the help!