Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Posting in Game Discussion as an NPC

Hi, I just learned that I can speak as one of the NPCS in the chat box.  Is there a way, i can post things in my Game Discussion as one of my NPCs?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
No, the Game Discussion is tied to user accounts, not players/characters in the game.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
It depends on what you mean by Game Discussion. If you are talking about outside the game in your group's forums then as Aaron mentioned, each post is tied to your account so the best you could do is make it in third person such as Jose says in an exasperated tone while rolling his eyes " I said it does not work that way " . If it is inside the game in the chat then you can do emotes (/em, /as or /emas if you are the GM) or change the speaking "as" selection that is located below the chat input box.
Thanks, both of you, you are great.  I appreciate the answers. Every day of this lockdown, i teach my six high school classes then learn like 6 things about roll20.  Thanks a lot
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
It is no problem Jamie. All of us are here to help. Aaron is a scriptomancer so he has a high skill level in programming languages. I'm just a simple text-based gamer.