Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Target Number (Successes-Failure) in Macro

Edited 1586459750
Hi guys. So I read a lot of the other posts about that topic but I don't find my mistake: I want a macro saying the following: Orc Barbar rolls a  18  for an attack against Orc Throatcutter. Success!  I tried the following:  @{selected|token_name} rolls a [[1d20+@{selected|strength}+@{selected|bab}]]>@{target|ac} for an attack against @{target|token_name}. I get everything right except of the success thingy. What I get is this: Orc Barbar rolls a  18 >20 for an attack against Orc Throatcutter. I tried several different uses of brackets but my brain is not working anymore. 
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you want to show both the roll within other text, and the label success/fail after it, there's no way to do this without an API script (a Pro subscriber perk). It's just not possible with standard macros.  You can do this @{selected|token_name} rolls a [[ [[1d20+@{selected|strength}+@{selected|bab}]]>@{target|ac}]] for an attack against @{target|token_name}. which will show a 1 or 0 for success or failure, which is not what you want.  The only way to show the number in a body of text is essentially what you had earlier: @{selected|token_name} rolls a [[1d20+@{selected|strength}+@{selected|bab}]] for an attack against @{target|token_name}, whose AC is [[@{target|ac}]]. You can rearrange it however you like. I put inline roll brackets around the AC to make sure it stands out, like the roll does.  But you cant do a comparison the way you want to, without the API.

Edited 1586461751
Well, at least it's not my fault :D  Thank you for the quick answer!