Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

black map? not fog of war

I'm new to roll 20 and I've made my map but when i test it in "join as player" i cant only see black but one small spot. I've looked at all the fog of war settings i put a lot of hours getting this ready for the players and i really wouldn't like to restart.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It would help for you to post the page settings that deal with Dynamic Lighting, plus the sight settings of the token you are testing with.
not sure what one you are looking for sorry im very new. here is all my setting i can find
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Well, that's plenty of info. Since you don't have any Dynamic Lighting involved, that really cuts down on the possible suspects. Here are some things to check for: 1) All map items are on Map Layer, and not GM layer. GM Layer is invisible to players. 2) Check to make sure that the page your map is on is the same as the one the Player Flag is on. If you rejoin as player, you will automatically see the Player Flagged map, but as GM, you can be on any page. Do you see all the elements properly when you rejoin as GM?
i do see my stuff as a GM. and everything is on map layer to see if it was working. what is the player flag?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The red flag on the page menu that indicates which page players are on.
im going to have to go through the tutorials again i missed some stuff i guess lol  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
 I would recommend against taking the tutorial. It is very old and out of date. At some point it will break. My suggestion is to check out the  Learning Roll20  Course on Youtube, or my own video,  Starting from Scratch . 
oh? ok thank you i will check both out. thank you so much
i got it.... the player tab was on a diff layer and apparently that layer was just black with a little spot open from i guess messing around? that you for your help