Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Save Macro | Optional Stats Added?

Hi All, I'm new to Roll20 (even though my account is a few years old). My group and I had to take our campaign online with all the craziness going on in the world. I'm trying to add Sanity to a Global Save Macro I found on the forums but unfortunately, it seems like 'san' isn't the correct code for that attribute. Can anyone tell me where I went wrong? Sanity is the last section of code I edited: @{selected|wtype}&{template:simple} @{selected|rtype}?{Save |Strength,+[[(@{selected|strength_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_str_save}*@{selected|npc})]][STR SAVE] ]]}} {{rname=^{strength-save-u}}} {{mod=[[ [[(@{selected|strength_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_str_save}*@{selected|npc})]][STR SAVE] ]]}} {{r1=[[@{selected|d20}+[[(@{selected|strength_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_str_save}*@{selected|npc})]][STR SAVE] ]] |Dexterity,+[[(@{selected|dexterity_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_dex_save}*@{selected|npc})]][DEX SAVE] ]]}} {{rname=^{dexterity-save-u}}} {{mod=[[ [[(@{selected|dexterity_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_dex_save}*@{selected|npc})]][DEX SAVE] ]]}} {{r1=[[@{selected|d20}+[[(@{selected|dexterity_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_dex_save}*@{selected|npc})]][DEX SAVE] ]] |Constitution,+[[(@{selected|constitution_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_con_save}*@{selected|npc})]][CON SAVE] ]]}} {{rname=^{constitution-save-u}}} {{mod=[[ [[(@{selected|constitution_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_con_save}*@{selected|npc})]][CON SAVE] ]]}} {{r1=[[@{selected|d20}+[[(@{selected|constitution_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_con_save}*@{selected|npc})]][CON SAVE] ]] |Intelligence,+[[(@{selected|intelligence_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_int_save}*@{selected|npc})]][INT SAVE] ]]}} {{rname=^{intelligence-save-u}}} {{mod=[[ [[(@{selected|intelligence_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_int_save}*@{selected|npc})]][INT SAVE] ]]}} {{r1=[[@{selected|d20}+[[(@{selected|intelligence_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_int_save}*@{selected|npc})]][INT SAVE] ]] |Wisdom,+[[(@{selected|wisdom_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_wis_save}*@{selected|npc})]][WIS SAVE] ]]}} {{rname=^{wisdom-save-u}}} {{mod=[[ [[(@{selected|wisdom_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_wis_save}*@{selected|npc})]][WIS SAVE] ]]}} {{r1=[[@{selected|d20}+[[(@{selected|wisdom_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_wis_save}*@{selected|npc})]][WIS SAVE] ]] |Charisma,+[[(@{selected|charisma_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_cha_save}*@{selected|npc})]][CHA SAVE] ]]}} {{rname=^{charisma-save-u}}} {{mod=[[ [[(@{selected|charisma_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_cha_save}*@{selected|npc})]][CHA SAVE] ]]}} {{r1=[[@{selected|d20}+[[(@{selected|charisma_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_cha_save}*@{selected|npc})]][CHA SAVE] ]] }}} @{selected|global_save_mod} @{selected|charname_output} |Sanity,+[[(@{selected|sanity_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_cha_save}*@{selected|npc})]][SAN SAVE] ]]}} {{rname=^{sanity-save-u}}} {{mod=[[ [[(@{selected|sanity_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_san_save}*@{selected|npc})]][SAN SAVE] ]]}} {{r1=[[@{selected|d20}+[[(@{selected|sanity_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_san_save}*@{selected|npc})]][SAN SAVE] ]] }}} @{selected|global_save_mod} @{selected|charname_output}
Is there a field to input sanity on the character sheet?  If, not, have you created an attribute called Sanity on the abilities and attributes tab? What is the character sheet you're using for this game?
Yep! It's in the splash screen's Game Settings menu along with the optional Honor stat. See below: v It's automatically added to the bottom of the character sheet. Here's one of my player's sheets as an example:
I never even noticed those two options.  I tried to go through and doctor some code (not a coder), but I gave up.  From what I see that doesn't work on NPC sheets.  It doesn't add Sanity or Honor to NPC's and only adds it to new sheets.  I couldn't get it to add to existing sheets. It doesn't give NPC's save for Sanity or Honor either.  I took it a step further and created a PC sheet and then once it was created went to settings and switched it to an NPC.  All of that is a long winded way of saying that I'm not fully sure what to do with  what you have as part of it is made to work on an NPC sheet.  I was trying to wrap my head around this but so far have been unable and may not be able to get back to it until tomorrow.  Here is the code from rolling a sanity save from the sheet of a random PC, maybe it will have something that can help you until then. @{Uvela Wifoelu|wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=^{sanity-save-u}}} {{mod=@{Uvela Wifoelu|sanity_save_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{Uvela Wifoelu|d20}+@{Uvela Wifoelu|sanity_save_bonus}@{Uvela Wifoelu|pbd_safe}]]}} @{Uvela Wifoelu|rtype}+@{Uvela Wifoelu|sanity_save_bonus}@{Uvela Wifoelu|pbd_safe}]]}} {{global=@{Uvela Wifoelu|global_save_mod}}} @{Uvela Wifoelu|charname_output}
Thanks so much, Patrick! I really appreciate you taking a look at this. No matter the outcome it's great to see people trying to figure things out for each other in this community. I think places like this will be important for people in the coming months to help keep them sane IRL.
Still trying to figure how to put this in a universal Macro, until then, here is just a sanity save macro. @{Selected|wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=^{sanity-save-u}}} {{mod=@{Selected|sanity_save_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{Selected|d20}+@{Selected|sanity_save_bonus}@{Selected|pbd_safe}]]}} @{Selected|rtype}+@{Selected|sanity_save_bonus}@{Selected|pbd_safe}]]}} {{global=@{Selected|global_save_mod}}} @{Selected|charname_output}