Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Ability to read books purchased

While compendium is great. I would love the ability to read source books straight through. For instance the DnD 5e players handbook is nearly unusable as a compendium document in helping a new player actually get the gist of the game. A player who buys the PHB needs the ability to simply read through it. 
+1 on this. Another problem is when some players have the physical book and others have the roll20 version. It becomes very hard to follow references like -It is explained on page 234 -It is described on the previous/next page. -It says so on the bottom of the page. Especially with new players, there is often an need to guide them through the rules, but the current format makes it very hard. There also is a problem with the readability. The order and context in which information is presented is important. There are some different techniques (like the 'news' style for presentations) and in a book the writer can use these to guide the reader.  When everything is chopped up into little pieces it requires that the readers know exactly what they are looking for in advance.  ...it is like reading the bock on little post-its. Bad readability == Bad usability == Bad systems design
You have my upvote. That said, I saw this in the last Roll20 Community Roundtable: <a href="https://youtu.be/g_Zc7ujq1yc?t=2751" rel="nofollow">https://youtu.be/g_Zc7ujq1yc?t=2751</a> But I think the feature you are requesting is something more like an actual, page for page, digital version of the book. I would like that.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .