Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Ranged spell attack higher lvl bug

Well, i have a player using Warlock, and he wasnt able to cast Witch Bolt at higher lvl. So i checked his sheet, and is all correctly set up, if i change the attack type to none the higher lvl conjuration works perfectly, but ranged and melee conjurations dont work correctly, anyone having the same issues? I even deleted the magic card, and build again, the problem still ocurring, i guess its somekind of bug, higher lvl conjuration with no attacking rolls are working.
Can confirm. It looks correct in the PHB compendium. It looks right in the settings for the particular spell.  It must be some hidden metadata issue. Other spells with bonus damage for higher level casting are configured the same way in the UI but work fine.
Found a fix. If you set attack type from 'Ranged' to 'None' it will pick up the higher level cast. Which means it is a backend bug that probably affects all 'Ranged' type spells with extra damage on higher level cast.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That should probably go in the  D&D 5th Edition by Roll20  thread for higher dev visibility. That thread monitors sheet ad compendium issues.
It also affects spells with 'Melee' for Spell Attack, such as Inflict Wounds.
keithcurtis said: That should probably go in the  D&D 5th Edition by Roll20  thread for higher dev visibility. That thread monitors sheet ad compendium issues. Will do. But they should also probably monitor the Bug Reporting forum..... This has been here three weeks!!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Historically, there is a strong moderation presence to vet stuff and send it where it needs to go. Forum Champions try to pitch in as well. Forum traffic is up by a huge amount though, and sometimes things get missed. :(