Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Legend of the Five Rings (4th ed.)

Edited 1586487942
James
Plus
Hello friends! This is not a game where you need to build the most powerful character.  This game will revolve heavily on roleplay with combat where it is needed. I will be designing sessions around the characters in the party and their goals. There will be an overarching storyline that the characters will travel through until the game ends. I also want to point out this is my first time running an L5R campaign. If you have any questions about rules or if I need to verify something in-game we will do so without too much disruption to the game. By this I mean I don't want anyone speaking over each other regarding a ruling. We are all here to have fun and I might smudge some of the rules to make the game remain enjoyable. So please do not try to rules lawyer any decision I make. If you have an issue speak with me at the end of the session calmly about how why I should have handled a situation differently so I can improve as a storyteller and you can have more enjoyable games. Character Creation: Character creation will be as the core rulebook describes. Progression: 10 experience points will be awarded at the end of every session. I will allow the leveling of characters skills, rings, and class at the start of every session. This will not reset any damage you have taken previously if the character is still wounded but and increase in max health can help decrease the effects of current damage taken. Restrictions: No minor clans. If you want to play a class outside fo the core rule book please ask before building and submitting the character. Let me know if you have any questions. If you are interested please message me here or send me a private message with your character concept. The game time will be every Saturday at 1pm PST. If you don't think you will be able to make the time please don't apply to the game. I'm looking for people that can dedicate 3-4 hours on a Saturday afternoon. It is not too much to ask I don't think.  We will be using roll20 for combat and dice rolls and discord for roleplaying and fun. Voice roleplaying over discord will be required. Short description of the setting: The lands of Rokugan are a land of beauty, craftsmanship, scholars, and peril. The end of the most recent clan war left four of the major clans licking their wounds and a new emperor on the throne. It is now the age of Emperor Aito, "The Sword of the Dawn". On one side of the war was the Scorpion and the Phoenix, this faction was victorious and helped Emperor Aito, previously known as Bayushi Aito, ascend to the throne replacing the previous emperor, Daishen Takeno. The Lion and Unicorn clan failed to defend the previous emperor but performed their duties with honor. The Crab have been embroiled in a constant state of war as the shadowlands sought to take advantage of the in-fighting but have defended the walls with the assistance of the Mantis clan. The Dragon and Crane clans helped decide the victor of the war when they both sided with the Phoenix and Scorpion clans in the final field of battle. It is still publicly unknown why they sided with the Phoenix and the Scorpion clan. It has been sixteen years since the war ended and relative peace has spread across the lands of Rokugan. But something is stirring in the shadows. Whispers of dangers can be heard throughout the lands and, at the behest of the Emerald Magistrate Asako Misaki, it is to be the main topic of discussion at the winter court of the Phoenix clan.
I am in. With all my hands, or maybe only 2 since you will probably not like Nagas in game :)
I wanted to bump this thread. Still have room for at least one more player. Possibly two. 
What day were you thinking of running?
Hey Nick T.! Thank you for your interest. The time I will be running is in the first post. But here it is for you: The game time will be every Saturday at 1pm PST. If you don't think you will be able to make the time please don't apply to the game. I'm looking for people that can dedicate 3-4 hours on a Saturday afternoon. It is not too much to ask I don't think. 
hello do you still have a slot open if so i would be interested in joining
Yes, there are still openings. Please let me know if you or anyone else is interested in joining. I am willing to have a waitlist as well. I imagine some people may not show up.
Are you accepting new players?
Yes. New players are fine. See your private messages.
Alright. So the game is currently full. If players drop out I will be sending out invites.