Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Lfg new player, open for anything

Hi everyone.   I played some rpgs when I was in 7th grade thru 10th grade, so it has been a while.  My next door neighbor was a very smart guy and my dm; when he moved away I tried dming with friends but it wasn’t the same.  We played marvel and Star Wars d6 and warhammer fantasy mostly, although we also tried dnd and gurps.  I’ve always missed it but never found new friends who were interested.  I have an old dnd 2e players handbook but the rest of my stuff was ‘borrowed’ by a family friend and is gone now. I am willing to buy whatever I would need.  Because of my lack of materials and long break since playing, I am posting this instead of applying to existing groups, but hopefully somebody gives me a chance.    I get along w people of all ages and they typically get along w me as well.  I work in tv and film and play music and video games and paint and read in my spare time.  I guess I’m looking for a game with chill humor-minded people.  Open to whatever game if the vibe is right.  While my seeking out this forum is covid related, this is something that I’ve thought about a lot and I would definitely continue and make this a priority when this all passes.  If you would like more info or think you could accommodate me, please get in touch.  Looking forward to it.          -Neale 
I can take you on. Do you like post apocalypse and gritty realism?  I made the system and the game that I'm posting about. I have two years experience as a U.S. Army infantryman, several years experience learning from other more experienced soldiers (fighting rifle courses, CQC, etc, the type of training that's $2,000 per week) and the like to make it. It's a pretty realistic game system. If you get shot it hurts and it hurts a lot. A headshot will almost always kill you.
Hey Rascal!  I appreciate the response.  It sounds like you are pretty serious and my fear is that being unknowledgeable about military training and cqc will get me killed quickly and often.  I'm looking for a more hero-esque experience where I can level my character over time and invest in the progression.  You are awesome for giving me a shot, but I am looking for fantasy or super hero type adventure.  This lockdown is about as much gritty realism as I can handle haha.  Maybe I need to get more specific in my post.  Anyway, good gaming and again I really appreciate you reaching out!
If you're still seeking adventure I have a group in need of such enthusiasm.  We're running Forgotten Realms' Starter Set Adventure "The Lost Mine of Phandelver"  and we play between Mon-Wed around 1pm EST if thats something you would be interested in.
Hey Shadow.  Thanks for the invite!  I'm unfamiliar with forgotten realms but that sounds great.  Do I need to get dice or materials or anything?  
My friend, you need only one thing.  Discord.  No seriously we use Discord for communications.  If you have it, PM your username and I'll add you.