If you have clicked this advertisement then you are interested in what you can do in an open world/sandbox adventure. What you may not understand yet is that at least one person in your group must have the ability to make good decisions, drive the plot, be goal oriented, and be charismatic enough to lead. If at least one person cannot do this, then essentially the open world concept does not work. Now, the one person in question does not have to fulfill all of the criteria, but your group needs to be able to do these things. Keep in mind that you don't have to do them all well, just you must be able to do them. Now, what about the world itself? Faerun is a setting I have lovingly and nostalgically enjoyed since the '90s. Yes, by saying that I am openly acknowledging that by 17 year old standards I am old. I make no apologies for this, and if I am honest, my life experience adds to my ability to tell stories. All that said, my version of Faerun in 5 th edition takes us back to a time when AO cast the gods from their realms and forced them to walk among mortals. I will not be using the Iconic characters everyone knows. Yes, they will exist in the world, but I am not going to be bringing them into the campaign as "character dropping" cameos or super-powered mentors. Characters : As players you will need to figure out your relationships to the other members of your group. This means you will need to put some thought and effort into character creation and work as a team before the game even starts. You will also need to vote on your power setting. I give all players the ability to choose their own play-style. Superheroes - characters start at 10 th level and their opening stats before leveling are an array of 18/18/18/14/14/14. Races are confined to the PHB races. Classes are confined to the PHB classes. Special abilities and feats may come from PHB, Sword Coast Adventurer's guide, Volo's guide to Monsters, and Xanathar's Guide to Everything. You may take 3 DM approved magic items, and up to 5,000 gp of gear. Any excess gold left over will be lost. At the start of the adventure your characters will have no more than 5gp. Heroes - characters start at 5 th level and their opening stats before leveling are an array of 18/16/16/14/14/12. Races are confined to the PHB races. Classes are confined to the PHB classes. Special abilities and feats may come from PHB, Sword Coast Adventurer's guide, Volo's guide to Monsters, and Xanathar's Guide to Everything. You may take 1 DM approved magic item, and up to 2,000 gp of gear. Any excess gold left over will be lost. At the start of the adventure your characters will have no more than 5gp. Heroes in training - characters start at 3 rd level and their opening stats before leveling are an array of 18/16/14/14/12/12. Races are confined to the PHB races. Classes are confined to the PHB classes. Special abilities and feats may come from PHB, Sword Coast Adventurer's guide, Volo's guide to Monsters, and Xanathar's Guide to Everything. You may take up to 2,000 gp of gear. Any excess gold left over will be lost. At the start of the adventure your characters will have no more than 5gp. Potential for greatness - characters start at 1 st level and their opening stats before leveling are an array of 16/16/14/14/12/12. Races are confined to the PHB races. Classes are confined to the PHB classes. Special abilities and feats may come from PHB, Sword Coast Adventurer's guide, Volo's guide to Monsters, and Xanathar's Guide to Everything. You may take up to 250 gp of gear. Any excess gold left over will be lost. At the start of the adventure your characters will have no more than 5gp. Character Background - Your character must have an explanation for why they exist, why they would be with a group, and what their motivations are. Having a motivation like "Save the world", "Create world peace", "Save all pink bunnies" sound good or in the last case hilarious, but they tend to be cop outs and very likely unachievable. So make your character goals much easier to achieve and less ambiguous. Try to be specific, like "Tarato want's to see what the outside world has to offer and want's to bring back evidence that the outside world isn't as horrible as his elders made it seem." This is still a bit vague, but it gives a bit more definition to the character's motivations. Group Background - Don't get super attached to your character's background. Be willing to change, modify slightly, or even outright scrap it in favor of a new one. This is all because your final group must have a pre-existing reason to work together beyond "We met in a tavern brawl, yo." Yes, I have used the tavern brawl trope; as well as the mysterious mentor, the evil mastermind, the traveling caravan, and the tried and true "So one night you go into a bar...", but all of these tropes rely on the "PC glow" effect to draw the characters together. What I am trying to get you to do is define the relationships before the game starts and then play accordingly. Payment - As you know I have listed this as a paid game. What that means is that you will be making a donation. This means pay what you can afford before each session. As a guideline $1 is not enough to usually cover the transaction and $100 dollars is, IMHO, ridiculously generous. I am not doing this to be greedy, I am doing it because my time does have a value that isn't free, but I am not going to value my time. You should value my time based on how well I live up to your expectations. Payment details will be given once you have been accepted. Thank you for reading this far, and I look hopefully towards being your Storyteller. Celevius