Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG][Pathfinder 1e] Looking for Pathfinder Group

Hoping to find an online pathfinder game. Flexible on time, with the exception of Sunday afternoons. Looking for more than a pure war/combat game, but willing to compromise. Flexible in terms of party role as well. Can also be reached on discord as still_talkin#3604
I myself is looking for more Pathfinder 1e games. Can I tag along on your post please?
The more the merrier! So long as one of the more is eventually a DM. I would DM, but I already DM a 5e game and my pathfinder experience is limited to a boatload of reading, one video game, and one real life session.
I’m in the same boat, already running a game looking to play in another. Maybe we could cooperate?

Edited 1586810147
Jonah P. said: I’m in the same boat, already running a game looking to play in another. Maybe we could cooperate? we could do round table GM'ing if you know what that is? If not its when GM's switch off one GM's few weeks, then someone takes over as GM and other GM becomes player. And do that till everyone's GM and rinse and repeat.
I would still hope a DM swoops out of nowhere and saves us, but I am open to the idea, so long as we clarify how this would work. Does this mean we'd run one-shots only? Or no one is ever surprised by the plot? We could also trade off "arcs" so long as everyone is good about trying to make sure we stick to a common length.

Edited 1586810680
Jacob J. said: I would still hope a DM swoops out of nowhere and saves us, but I am open to the idea, so long as we clarify how this would work. Does this mean we'd run one-shots only? Or no one is ever surprised by the plot? We could also trade off "arcs" so long as everyone is good about trying to make sure we stick to a common length. Well I do have experience as a GM I have GM many PF 1e games I have alot of home brew worlds to choose from but sadly at this time I am burnt out on GM'ing and only wana be a player.
Yeah I wasn't calling on you to be that person, but instead some other user. I think we're all in the same boat here, some past DM experience, but would prefer to be a player at the moment. I was curious as to how you would envision round robin DM-ing working though.
Jacob J. said: Yeah I wasn't calling on you to be that person, but instead some other user. I think we're all in the same boat here, some past DM experience, but would prefer to be a player at the moment. I was curious as to how you would envision round robin DM-ing working though. well let the most experience GM's go first so the people with less experience can learn and take the last few spots in the circle. So they can get idea and experience from the more veteran players. Also in beginning decide if every GM with just add on to the story as it flows or will run there own world. Stuff like that.
Maybe we could take turns running PFS adventures, advancing the same group of characters (taking character mortality, new members and dropouts into account).
Are PFS adventures one offs for the most part? I had the thought of using adventure paths, but you need to read ahead to use them for the most part.
Jonah P. said: Maybe we could take turns running PFS adventures, advancing the same group of characters (taking character mortality, new members and dropouts into account). That is fine with me. But who would buy the adventure paths in roll20? also who would hold main control of the game account?
Are you talking about the pathfinder society scenarios or the adventure paths? From the humble bundle 4 or so years ago, I have pathfinder society scenarios #6-01 to 6-23 and half of Hell's Rebels. My largest concern with the adventure paths (I've never played a pathfinder society scenario before so I have no idea how they work) is that as DM, I prefer to read through them fully before running them.
Jacob J. said: Are you talking about the pathfinder society scenarios or the adventure paths? From the humble bundle 4 or so years ago, I have pathfinder society scenarios #6-01 to 6-23 and half of Hell's Rebels. My largest concern with the adventure paths (I've never played a pathfinder society scenario before so I have no idea how they work) is that as DM, I prefer to read through them fully before running them. I would avoid Pathfinder society stuff normal Adventure paths should be ok.
The advantage with the pfs adventures if they can be completed over a couple sessions. An AP requires someone to commit to being dm for the whole thing. No volunteers for that yet.
Jonah P. said: The advantage with the pfs adventures if they can be completed over a couple sessions. An AP requires someone to commit to being dm for the whole thing. No volunteers for that yet. Just pathfinder society stuff is just really restrictive.
I think we have three options: First, a sort of monster of the week type game. This would be similar to pfs but doesn't have to be the same thing. Characters would be continuous and can either become DMPCs every so often or simply "not get hired" for every job. Second, a game where no one knows exactly where it's going. There's a single overarching story, but each player takes turns running it to where they think it's going. A version of this would be running a single Adventure Path and rotating. Third, running three separate games, each with a different DM. Each game would meet less often because of the other two and the demands of DMing would be less. Each game would move very slowly however. I think between these three options my preferences from most to least preferred would be 3, 2, 1, but I could be convinced to whichever if overruled (still hoping our savior DM will appear!)
Of those choices I like 2, 1, 3 best, in that order.
I like 3, 1, 2
Well just by voting, 3 would be the most popular choice, but as the saying goes "Bad games are worse than no games." If someone doesn't want to do that, we can either continue fishing for a pathfinder dm or give up.

Edited 1586834898
Jacob J. said: Well just by voting, 3 would be the most popular choice, but as the saying goes "Bad games are worse than no games." If someone doesn't want to do that, we can either continue fishing for a pathfinder dm or give up. I say give it few days before finalize anything. See if we can find gm.
Did you guys find a game or not?
Nothing solid yet
Well worse comes to worse I guess i can dust off a certain game I ran before. It is a OP based Game. Gestalt, Chronomancer game, very high powered and you have a DMPC in group alot. Also would have 3pp content in it.
Yeah so what's the move then?
well I have tried "Join a game" search and applied to many games. Most was turned down. One I think was hidden pay to play I got into GM was awfully shady. Wouldn't let new players in Discord limited them to only to one forum thread to post in. Also wouldn't let me and other new guy into the game that was running that day without explanation other than "not yet". So that leaves use with few options. 1. Continue to wait for GM. 2. Do round robin as we discussed. 3. Maybe do the campaign i could run.
I wouldn't want to put you into the DM role when we all said that we didn't want that all ourselves. I'm still open to round robin if other are.
Do you guys still need a GM? I'm pretty new, but I wouldn't mind, if you guys would put up with a few blunders every now and then.
Stephen C. said: Do you guys still need a GM? I'm pretty new, but I wouldn't mind, if you guys would put up with a few blunders every now and then. Yes yes we will snag you before anyone else I mail you my discord.
yeah, man, my username is MythicChimera99#6968. Send me a friend request and we can start dm'ing
Stephen C. said: yeah, man, my username is MythicChimera99#6968. Send me a friend request and we can start dm'ing Done Nanda
Sweet.
Heya! If y'all still need any more players I've been trying to find a solid PF1 group for a while and would love to join ya.
Brett S. said: Heya! If y'all still need any more players I've been trying to find a solid PF1 group for a while and would love to join ya. sure send a friend to GM
Are you still considering players? My wife and I are fairly experienced Pathfinder players, looking to get started again.
Still looking for an AP to play in
Hey all, are you still looking for players?  Am quite familiar with Pathfinder 1E, but need to learn Roll20.  Would like to start playing in a game to learn.  Wouldn't mind GMing at some point in the future.  Still learning the system.  Let me know if you are interested. Patrick
I have an opening for one. Currently screening applicants.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/148030/the-emerald-spire-superdungeon" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/148030/the-emerald-spire-superdungeon</a>