Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Game Play: Lag and errors while trying to play. Not a great experince.

Edited 1587243871
very slow rolling, more so when using my own macros. getting the following errors: There was an error communicating with the QuantumRoll server. undefined Trying to reset the sandbox For reference, the error message generated was: docker: Error response from daemon: failed to create endpoint campaign-2879875-dhIObj1GilKMZ0jrGRJ2WQ on network bridge: adding interface veth1560484 to bridge docker0 failed: exchange full. There was another error will post if I can capture it.  For reference, the error message generated was:  There was an error communicating with the QuantumRoll server. undefined
I'm also seeing this same kind of error just viewing the API Scripts page for a campaign.  The output console just reports:  docker: Error response from daemon: failed to create endpoint campaign-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX on network bridge: adding interface veth293cfb7 to bridge docker0 failed: exchange full
I'm also having issues loading maps, both as player and DM. They are sizeable maps (Such as the Sword Coast map provided by Storm King's Thunder), but I haven't had issues loading them before the past couple of days.
Having the exact same experience.  None of my APIs are working.  Pretty difficult time running the game.  Ever since this update a week ago, Roll20 is running very poorly.  Chrome is useless running it, and things are broken.
Stephen D
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Roll20 has become unusable in the past few weeks and it is getting worse. It is now so laggy that it takes up to 10 minutes to load a map that took 10 seconds before the new code for dynamic lighting was pushed to live (and NO I am not trying to use it or any other kind of lighting because the site simply does not work). And I have refreshed my browser, deleted the cache, tried other browsers (they are all the same) copied the game itself to a new game, disabled all API scripts and VTT enhancement suite etc etc. I have a very high spec PC with 64 GB of RAM and a processor with 16 physical cores and a high internet speed of around 100-200GB. I have also updated all drivers and run weekly windows 10 corruption tests to ensure all is well on my end. I have put a lot of time and money into Roll20 and want to continue using the service but I have had 5 out of 5 games ruined over the past few weeks because of roll20 site performance and several of them have been outside the busy weekend period on weekday nights. If this continues I will be reluctantly forced to cancel my long running subscription and begin looking for another VTT.
Stephen D said: Roll20 has become unusable in the past few weeks and it is getting worse. It is now so laggy that it takes up to 10 minutes to load a map that took 10 seconds before the new code for dynamic lighting was pushed to live (and NO I am not trying to use it or any other kind of lighting because the site simply does not work). And I have refreshed my browser, deleted the cache, tried other browsers (they are all the same) copied the game itself to a new game, disabled all API scripts and VTT enhancement suite etc etc. I have a very high spec PC with 64 GB of RAM and a processor with 16 physical cores and a high internet speed of around 100-200GB. I have also updated all drivers and run weekly windows 10 corruption tests to ensure all is well on my end. I have put a lot of time and money into Roll20 and want to continue using the service but I have had 5 out of 5 games ruined over the past few weeks because of roll20 site performance and several of them have been outside the busy weekend period on weekday nights. If this continues I will be reluctantly forced to cancel my long running subscription and begin looking for another VTT. Stephen: I feel your pain.  Each time I try to post something as you have, I get the, "It's opt in.  If you don't like it don't use it" but they all don't understand that I am not using the UDL.  And I am seeing what you are seeing.  I know they will try to kill the legacy system as soon as possible and to tell you the truth, if they do, I will not reup my subscription and I will use the next 8 months of my subscription trying to archive and move my hours of design and setup to another VTT Platform.  To push an update out that causes issues on existing tools is ludicrous.  PM me and I will give you my 2 cents on other VTTs I have been looking at. Bob
I am also experiencing both issues intermittently (obviously more frequently during what I suspect are peak hours, e.g. Saturday evening): - the Quantum roll server being unavailable - The brigde interface limit Of course, anytime you hit one of the two errors above, one has to restart their API sandbox since scripts are disabled, even though the error isn't from the scripts themselves.