Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

How to create a macro to roll a skill check under n times this skill?

Hello, I tried to define a macro like the following /em Roll one d100 against skillx5 [[1d100<@{skill}*5]] in order to roll one d100 and check if the result is below (skill x 5) but it doesn't work. How can I achieve such a macro? Regards.
1587265746
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I haven't tested it to see if it works, but you might try: [[1d100<[[@{skill}*5]]]]
Waouh!!! Great! Thank you for your quick and efficient answer: this works like a charm!
And here is a way to improve your great macro by providing a way to choice the multiplicator to apply to the formula: [[1d100<[[@{skill} [[?{mul|2,2|3,3|5,5}]] ]]]] Powerful!!
Using the macro below, is there a way to display into the chat window the input value selected for "Multiplicateur" as well as the roll result? /em CON|Brook [[1d100<[[@{Henry Brook|CON} * [[?{Multiplicateur|2,2|3,3|4,4|5,5|6,6}]]  ]]]]
1587311814
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
If you use the exact same query more than once in a macro, it will copy the answer that was given to the first and automatically apply it to any other instances of that query.  It will only ask the query once.  I think you could do something like this: /em CON|Brook [[1d100<[[@{Henry Brook|CON} * [[?{Multiplicateur|2,2|3,3|4,4|5,5|6,6}]]  ]]]] the Multiplicateur used was [[?{Multiplicateur}]]. That should leave the answer you chose in the query highlighted in yellow like a roll.  It should still work without the double square brackets, which would leave it a plain number without being highlighted.
Amazing!! Thank you very much, that's exactly the result I was looking for.