Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Probably a simple line-of-sight question for you, but I can't answer it..

My players are approaching a house. I don't want them to be able to see inside the house until they enter it. I don't know of fog of war is appropriate because it is in broad daylight, so everything else should be visible to them. Furthermore, light should not be an issue. How do I ensure that my players can't see inside the house until they walk in?
1587304723
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The easiest way is fog of war. You do a slight bit of prep work and then just reveal all.  Enable FoW Reveal everything but the house with the reveal tool. My way is to reveal the whole page then hide the specific location . When the players go to enter the location, reveal all (page setting or just the tool). You could go with dynamic lighting but that would require you to outline the interior of the house while not blocking any doors or windows then putting more lines blocking the same doors and windows till you need to remove them. Now you have to make sure all the character tokens have their vision setup correctly and everything works, etc... Either way is fine but I tend to go with simple over more complex.