Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dragon of Icespire Peak Maps

Hi,  I'm new to Roll20 and am working on creating a campaign. I'm using the Dragon of Icespire Peak kit to DM. However, as it is hard to get my players together, I was hoping to run a digital campaign on Roll20. I haven't had any luck in finding any premade maps to use in the Marketplace. As I'm new to this, it's highly possible that I'm overlooking them. Does anyone know if there are maps available to use in conjunction with the D&D essential kit? Or maybe any other Roll20 content that would make it easier to run the campaign? I appreciate any help y'all can offer!
I think you might want to look at these: Essentials Kit: Standard Edition Essentials Kit: Deluxe Edition It looks like the Dragon of Icespire Peak it is available in both Essentials Kit packages.
Thank you so much! I know I searched for "Icespire" and some of the other terms in the title, but didn't think to look for "essential kit". 🤦‍♀️ Anyways, thank you for the links!!!

Edited 1591419179
I have a related question.  The maps that are included in the handouts with the Essentials Kit - how does one use those as a battlemap on the VTT?  I feel like I'm missing something here.  EDIT:  I am, of course, overthinking this.  The maps are already on the page toolbar and I feel like a dope.  Carry on. :)  
What about people who already own the content and do not want to buy it again through roll 20?Do i just have to draw it myself, or can i import someone else's maps?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Jonathan H. said: What about people who already own the content and do not want to buy it again through roll 20?Do i just have to draw it myself, or can i import someone else's maps? The only legal recourse is to scan your own purchased copies and upload them, or to purchase digital copies from a licensed source.
Eponymous said: I have a related question.  The maps that are included in the handouts with the Essentials Kit - how does one use those as a battlemap on the VTT?  I feel like I'm missing something here.  EDIT:  I am, of course, overthinking this.  The maps are already on the page toolbar and I feel like a dope.  Carry on. :)   Do the Roll20 maps display secret doors to players? I'm considering buying the module on Roll20, but if the maps are the same as the ones available from D&D Beyond, I'll save my money and just fudge the maps I have. Thanks,
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Unless it got missed in Production, all Roll20 maps have had spoilers made visible only the the GM. Secret Doors will only appear as a symbol on the GM layer. Likewise indications of pit traps, revolving doors, etc.
keithcurtis said: Unless it got missed in Production, all Roll20 maps have had spoilers made visible only the the GM. Secret Doors will only appear as a symbol on the GM layer. Likewise indications of pit traps, revolving doors, etc. Perfect, thanks. It'll be my first DM experience, so I'm hoping it all goes off without a hitch! 😁
Do the Roll20 maps display secret doors to players? I'm considering buying the module on Roll20, but if the maps are the same as the ones available from D&D Beyond, I'll save my money and just fudge the maps I have. Thanks, Tim, Roll20's integrated modules are built from the ground up with the virtual tabletop (VTT) in mind. The VTT has 4 layers, map layer, token layer, GM layer, and Dynamic light layer. Secret doors and traps are hidden on the GM layer. So your players DO NOT see anything but what would be visible to them in the room. You decide when to reveal traps and secret doors.