Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

System Requirements - Macbook

So I just joined and when I first loaded my groups campaign everything seemed fine. Played with all party members and I couldn't keep the browser/game from crashing. I'm on a late 2009 Macbook  2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo,  8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3,  NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB.  Is this too old/outdated to effectively run the game? Is there anything that I can do besides buying a new computer? Any help/ideas would be great. Thanks!
1587513975
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It shouldn't be, although you might have issues with A/V or complicated Dynamic Lighting. I can run simple games on my Chromebook, which has much worse specs.
1587548176
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've regularly run games, including some behemoth 4+ year games on 2011 macbook airs and more recently on 2017 macbook pro. I can say that the performance was no different, not even any different than on our PC... the key contributing factor seemed to be bandwidth related rather than hardware.