Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Dynamic Lighting Not Working, Players Can't See Anything

My players have a dungeon crawl coming up soon in my Curse of Strahd campaign. As I was setting up the dynamic lighting, however, I found when I went to a player's perspective, they couldn't see anything at all, they were completely surrounded in darkness. The only solution I have found to this is selecting Global Illumination, but that ruins the entire mystery of the dungeon as they can easily see the entire map. My players' tokens having settings that make them capable of emitting light and I have ticked the checkboxes that give them sight. Despite this, they can't see their light or any other light source. They have permissions that let them move their tokens and I haven't placed any Fog of War over the dungeon. I have tried revealing the Fog of War but it hasn't done anything. Occasionally, there seems to be only one light source on the map that always remains at the bottom of the screen. Other than that, they can't see anything. I've spent the best part of the day trying to solve this through different means, but to no avail. Any suggestions to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.
I make sure the reveal fog of war is set at the end of their darkvision range or end of their light source. Also set the vision radius at 360 degrees