Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Weekly Gaming Summary #01:

Thank You For Playing today's game 04/18/2020 - From 10:15 am EDT, until 1:00 pm EDT, and our 1st Gaming Session, goes out to:   Paladin Knight – Human – Barous Bloodbane - Christian W.   Ranger – High Elf - Ricardo Jamez –  Buddy-D Bard – Tiefling – Xenia Locoster -  Roxxifarius Rogue – Human – Ulvall - Ullek H. Ranger – Drow Elf – Rahfen K - Rahfen   Whom Could Not Make It Today!   ??? -  The Hermit Legend                                                                                                              New Player coming in for 4/25/20 game: Rogue – High Elf – Rita Slate - Pardis   Game Summary for Saturday (04/18/2020):   Opening Scene: Day 1: April 18; 10:00 am The party has been traveling the Timori road heading for the town of Kellee, approaching from the east, looking for work, when a wanted poster is spotted nailed to a tree for some fellow named Elgin the Wolf, for murdering 5 citizens of Kellee, with a reward of 1,000 gold coin pieces and signed by  the town Reeve Dominond.   A young fellow of average build, in his late teens, with close cropped hair and gray eyes, wearing a leather cuirass and armed with a footman’s mace, a young fellow haning by the road, sees the party and approaches them.   He wonders if the party is just passing through Kellee or perhaps staying awhile and tells them his name is Eadgils.   The party tells him they are looking for a place to stay and if Eadgils knew Elgin.   Eadgils mentions that they could stay at the Tall Mug Inn. Xenia, invites him for a drink there later and Eadgils, accepts.   Eadgils says, “ Oh Elgin, is wanted for the murders around town. Go see Dominond the Reeve at town hall over there (Points towards building)."   The party then makes their way to the town hall, hoping to see the Reeve and question about Elgin. The Town Hall is one of the largest buildings in the whole of Kellee. It has sturdy stone walls and is covered with a roof of thick terracotta tiles. The Town Hall is made up of three sections.   Rahfen and Barous start to enter the building when one of the two guards stationed out front tells them to halt and state their business.   After informing them about the wanted poster for Elgin and wanting to see the Reeve about it. One guard enters and lets Dominond know there is an interested party for the job. Moments later, the guard returns, announces the party presence and waves them on inside.   Dominond is setting behind a large wooden desk in a red wing backed chair. Behind him is a fireplace with a portrait of what looks like the Reeve when he was a young man, sitting on the mantel piece. There are two plush stools between the office’s door and the Reeve’s desk, for visitors to use. The hardwood floor is mostly covered by an ornate but worn rug, that is burgundy in color, with gold trim. As the party comes in the door, the Reeve motions them in with a beckoning wave. He points to the stools, and says, “Sit, sit”   Reeve Dominond sees he needs more seats than the two stools in his office provides, tells the guards to bring in a couple benches and tells the party they have 5 minutes until a scheduled meeting is supposed to arrive.   The Reeve provides the following details about Elgin to the party:   "Elgin has led a group of highwaymen that have plagued the roads of Tepest, and Nova Vaasa for the last five years. About four and a half months ago he and his band raided a silver mine on the northern border. They killed the four dwarves that ran the mine and made off with a fortune in silver. Shortly after that, two months later, Elgin went mad and killed all his men, seven of them. After that he started killing people who live north of the village. He has killed five in all. All lived on farms in the surrounding countryside. The victims have all died from stab wounds.”   "I don't have enough town guards to spare more time to investigate the murders, so thus why I am making an offer. The last murder happened a couple weeks ago. We believe they all occurred at night and random as we do not see any connections”   Reeve Dominond, proceeds to retrieve and unfurl two maps, one of the town of Kellee and one of the region of Tepest. He points out the Tall Mug Inn on the Kellee map for the party.   From outside a guard announces the Reeve’s next meeting has arrived, some fellow named Ingeld. As the party files out of the town hall they greet and are greeted by Ingeld. Ingeld is a tall plump man, with a shaven head and a pointed red beard. He wears a tunic style robe, that comes down to a few inches below his knees. Ingeld’s robe has gold and silver coins sown to its trim. The rest of the robe is a deep crimson. The party proceeds to the Tall Mug Inn with Xenia hoping she could perform some tunes while there. When the building is in sight and then enter this is what they see: The Tall Mug Inn is a long two-story building on the west side of town. It is on the north side of the Timori Road, directly across from the stables. The Inn, like most of the buildings in Kellee, has tall whitewashed walls with dark timber supports and crossbeams. Large ornate flowers decorate the front wall of the inn. Unlike most other buildings in the village the roof of the Tall Mug is made of heavy terracotta tiles. The main entrance of the inn opens into the dining room of the inn's tavern. It is a long low-ceilinged room with a bar on the far end. Eight heavy oak tables are staggered down the length of the room. As soon as they enter the InnKeeper Aelswith, is greeting the party from behind the bar, telling them to come on in and starts telling them the menu for the day and room prices. Aelswith is a plump middle-aged woman with dishwater blond hair. She is friendly and outgoing. She wears a tan and green dress with a bodice. Xenia, mentions Eadgils told the party about the place and ask if she could sing. Aelswith says ok and she proceeds to find a stool an starts playing her lute and sing a song. Rooms are 6 silvers with meals included. Just having a meal is 15 coppers with additional beverages extra. Breakfat is goat chops and eggs with apple cider. Rooms are on the 2 nd floor. Rahfen, decides to hit on the chamber maid Onela. Onela is a young mother in her early twenties. She has dark brown hair that she wears in a bun, under her white kerchief. At work she always wears a plain brown dress.   Ricardo, orders a an ale, but couldn’t stand the taste. Xenia kicks him in the shins telling him to just choke it down. Rafen, questions Onela about Elgin the Wolf and if she knew the victims. Onela says, "I know that Alee-Onna, is Elgin's girlfriend. I don't know much about the victims." , "Don’t know what she sees in em. Could av any man in Kellee, she could. Why she lets em string her alongs more than I can reckon. Shes so art broke ain’t left the hoos in nigh on a fortnight. I be bringing er fresh greens and bread, sos I can check in on er every few days." , "I might know some more, have any more change on you? Yes."
As Aelswith, places the party’s plates of food around, she tells them, “ : "Alee-onna, my singing girl is all twiterbated over that rapscallion. He done broke her heart. Ain’t seen her this moon. She’s hold up in her hoos."   Rahfen, asked Aelswith if Alee-Onna would be willing to talk to the party, but she’s not sure and ask the party if they would go check on her. Rahfen offers Onela the flower he plucked outside. Onela, tells him for a silver she’ll tell him where Alee-Onna lives. Onela says, "Alee-Onna Lives in a small cottage outside of town to the north east of here. Her place is about a two hour walk from town." "The cottage is located north-east of Kellee at the foot of a tall snowcapped mountain. A well-worn foot path leads to it from the Timori Road," After the meal, Rahfen and Onela head upstairs, while the rest of the party heads out to visit Alee-Onna, taking along the usual basket of breads and meat, that Onela, usually brings up to Alee-Onna. One the way up to the cottage the party is attacked by a brown bear which singles out a surprised Ricardo, wounding him for 17 piercing damage with it’s sharp claws! Ricardo lays on the ground bleeding badly!   Combat Round #01 begins after Initiative rolls are made! Ulvalls missed the brown bear with his rapier!   Brown bear, hits Xenia with it’s bite for 6 piercing damage!   Barous Bloodbane, hits the brown bear for 10 slashing damage with the longsword!   Xenia, cast the Thunderwave spell at the brown bear but it makes the Constitution save rolling a 15 and needing at least 15 on the die check!   Round #02 of combat: Ulvall, hits the brown bear for 11 piercing damage with the rapier and the bear is defeated!   End of Combat!   Barous prays for the cure wounds spell, laying a hand upon Ricardo to stabilize and heal him for 6 hit points restored.   After they get Ricardo back up and walking, they continue onwards to the cottage and when it’s finally in site they see that clothlines line the east side of the house, along with a well, and apple trees surround the cottage.   After arriving at the door Xenia knocks, asking for Alee-Onna. A voice answers back from behind the closed door, “ Is that you Onela? Do you have any bread with you? said with melancholy"   Xenia, informs Alee-Onna, that it’s her and her friends, Alee-Onna asks, “Why did the come here?”   Xenia says, "We are travelers, we were told the sad devastating story of your love gone astray, I know that feeling, I can help you with it"   Alee-Onna says, "My love gone astray? Whom have you talked to?"   Xenia says, "Your dear friend, the sweet hearted Innkeeper Aelswith."   Alee-Onna says, "Oh, Aelswith? I see. Did anyone else say anything?"   Xenia, “Oh Onela, she stayed back in town with one of our group, Rahfen , a drow elf and ranger by profession.”   Alee-Onna, opens her front door, waves the party inside. Taking notice of the familiar basket in Xenia’s hands.   Alee-Onna says, "I see and thank you much for checking up on me", "Sorry I don't have enough chairs for you all."   Barous says, “We have also come to find out about elgin.”   Xenia, looks around the place to see if anything is out of the ordinary but the place is spotless and neatly arranged.   Alee-Onna says, "I am sorry that some of you will have to stand. The only company I normally have is Onela and … Elgin.”. Her face now overcome with rage.   "That bastard, that stupid bastard! I told him if he wasn’t careful, he’d end up like this! And what about me? He didn’t think about that, now did he?"   Alee Onna, buries her face in her hands and begins to weep.   Xenia Hugs her "What do mean by ending up like this?”   Alee-Onna says, "Ended up with Elgin gone, gone off into hiding.", "I first met Elgin six years ago not long after I moved to Kellee."   Xenia says, "What was it you wanted him to be careful about? Why is he hiding?"   Alee-Onna says, "He is hiding because the Reeve has him as a wanted man."   Barous says, "(Nods) We need find him and bring him to justice any idea where he can be hiding?"   Alee-Onna says, "Elgin told me that if I ever needed a place to hide that I could go to his place."   Barous says, “Where is that?”   Alee-Onna says, “"I have a map, hold on, i will fetch it (goes to get map, comes back and places it on the round table.)"   Xenia says, "Alee, Why does the Reeve accuse him of a crime?"   Barous says, "i know not but law is law , its not our place to judge but if he is innocent then we will find that out as well"   Alee-Onna says, "He was the last known person with the victims."   Xenia says, Sighs "Barous, now is not the time for your dogma"   Alee-Onna says, “Elgin, had left for Candlestick Mountain the day before. No wait I have to start before that. Elgin, being my beau, used to bring me gifts when he’d come to see me. One day he gave me this bag of coins."   Alee-Onna, pats a leather sack, hanging off her belt.     Adventure Time is now April 18th, at 2:15 pm.   And this ends the gaming session for the day, until next time!   The Adventurers Earned: Brown Bear: 200 XP ------- Grand Total: 200 / 5 = 40 XP Each   Everyone is at 40 XP  Level 1 reached at 300 XP   Loot Found: Wanted Poster of Elgin for 1,000 gold coins   Number of Sessions for current Adventure Module: 1st Session for “Ravenloft: Prey of the Black Wolf” Play Test 04/18/2020 [1st Session start was 04/18/2020]