Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Comments on the 1st Play Test Session for Pray of the Black Wolf (04/26/20)

Post your comments on the first play test session here! The creator will be able to see it!
The module has a good amount of details for the NPCs just seems to take a bit for the DM to read those details for us
I went and filled out his survey - but it read like it was meant to be done one the WHOLE MODULE was complete. I also commented on the number of NPCs and potential side encounters (lost boy, butcher customer, flirty waitress, Reeve, Ingerd) in the first session. The Roll20 "mechanics"/macros difficulties were unfortunate, but since we didn't hit any "combat", it wasn't that big an impact. *I* had fun. Hope you guys did too. Chris
There is a potential for bumping into 20 random NPC's. For this game I rolled more often on them in order to facilitate their use more often to add more to the story element. The town hall information ought to have a line to tell the DM to  read/post/handout what is going on in the bazaar in the area in the front of the town hall first. As like with both sessions the adventurers were seeking out the town hall so the DM looks there first. There is more information on what the Vistani Gypsies were doing in the bazaar, but when Xenia said she didn't want to bother with them. I didn't read post the description. There was some information on Dominond's sheet that conflicted what he says so for example I took the 4.5 months instead of 6 month since the murders started as that seemed more reasonable. The bit where Alee-Onna, tells you more of what happens after she shows you the bag of coins hanging from her belt, reads like a novella or extra script details, (like a flashback scene as she relates it to the party), instead of normal conversation. So something like that would be a handout even at a real tabletop so the players can remember what she had said, anyways. The module does have very many spelling errors, a lot of them being ones a spell-checker would not catch.