Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Weekly Gaming Summary #02:

Edited 1588035720
Thank You For Playing today's game 04/25/2020 - From 10:15 am EDT, until 1:00 pm EDT, and our 2 nd Play Test Gaming Session, goes out to:   Paladin Knight – Human – Barous Bloodbane - Christian W.   Ranger – High Elf - Ricardo Jamez –  Buddy-D Bard – Tiefling – Xenia Locoster -  Roxxifarius Rogue – Human – Ulvall - Ullek H.   Whom Could Not Make It Today!   Ranger – Drow Elf – Rahfen K - Rahfen                                                                                                                                                  Game Summary for Saturday (04/25/2020):   Opening Scene: Day 1: April 18; 2:15 pm: The Party is at Alee-Onna’s cottage and talking to her when she reveals a leather bag of magical coins, she pats then tells the party the following story:   “He told me to never spend them. He said they might save my life one day. Well the night Elgin set off to the mountain he made me a promise. He said we’d want for nothing after this job. That we could move to a real city and we could live like a king and queen, the pair of us. The next morning, early right before dawn, he came beating on the door, screaming for me to let him in. As I got out of bed and ran to the door the first rays of morning came streaming through the cracks in my shutters there. His pounding on the door stopped. I could hear him wailing, and sobbing. Something was terribly wrong. I had never known Elgin to shed a single tear, so I tore open the door. He slumped in a heap on my threshold. I took him in my arms and begged him to tell me what was the matter. Between his sobs he coughed out, ‘it’s too late I couldn’t make it! It’s too late! They won’t come back. When I asked him who he was talking about he, shouted something about the mountain dwarves. He said if he could have got these coins to them before sunrise, that he could have undone the wrong he had done them. He said if these coins were laid on the eyes of anyone who had died in the last day, before the next dawn, that they could be brought back to life. The bard sniffed and wiped away a tear from her cheek. “After that he tore off into the sunrise, and I never saw him again. It wasn’t long before Torr came around the Tall Mug asking me questions. He said that Elgin, had killed his men by the river. Not long after that they said he started killing some of the local folks around here. That last morning, I saw him… I saw guilt in his eyes for the first time, but I can’t believe he did what they are accusing him of. There’s no way my Elgin would do all that! He may be a thief, but he’s no murderer.’ With that Alee-onna breaks down crying again. Between her sobs she asks to be left alone. She sees you out, and bars the door behind you.”   The party heads down the path to the Timoria road when they suddenly hear the following happening from at least 200 yards away:   From the direction of Alee-onna’s cottage, you hear a piercing scream, closely followed by a loud crash. Alee-onna shouts, ‘I’ll kill you, you filthy beast!’ Then you hear a pained braying like the noise an injured dog would make. When you reach the door of the cottage, you find it is still barred from the inside. Alee-onna screams out in agony once more as you try to break in. You hear a sickening thud, and another loud crash, followed by rapid foot falls, seemingly coming from behind the cottage, then all goes silent.   Barous, runs around to the east side, where the clothe line is, while Xenia goes to the west side where the window is.   Xenia, sees that the window has been smashed open inwards based on the fact there’s more debris on the inside of the house. Barous, did not spot anything out of the ordinary as he ran around the east side of the house.   Xenia, shouts out to the others, “In the window!”, then proceeds to climb through the window to get inside.   Xenia sees that Alee-Onna, has long claw marks covering her body and a gruesome wound where her neck was ripped out.   Looking for the bag of magical coins to revive her, Xenia sees that they are missing.   Xenia, unlocks the front door and leaves, meanwhile Ricardo, finds tracks, which lead into the apple orchard. Ricardo sees the tracks lead westward and spots occasional drops of blood.   The party decides to head back to Kellee to collect Rahfen whom stayed behind then come back to follow the tracks.   It’s about 2:30 pm.   Getting back to Kellee at a faster pace gets them there around 4pm, as they head towards the Tall Mug Inn they met: Banstan, a tall, bald man in his mid-thirties. He has a bushy, black beard that covers half his chest. He wears a baggy, off white tunic and brown trousers. Banstan has a shepherd’s crook in his right hand and a rope tethered to a goat in his left.   So, after asking Banstan, where the rest of his flock is, (Back on the farm), the party goes right to the Tall Mug Inn, and tells Aelswith that Alee-Onna is alright and met back up with Rahfen. After wolfing down some beverages the party hurries back to Alee-Onna’s cottage, arriving around 6 pm.   They have another look inside the cottage, looking for a silver utensil to use but only find Alee-Onna’s finely crafted dagger, with blood upon it, which they clean and take with them as they then go follow the tracks leading from the cottage around 6:30pm.   The party believes the tracks to be werewolf ones.       It is about a 4 hour trek through the woods with no creature encounters hindering their progress, when they come out to a road.   They have a look at Alee-Onna’s map and decide to follow the road north. An hour later (10:30 pm), they come upon a wagon, pulled to the side of the road, the driver nowhere to be seen, but the horse who was pulling it, is still attached and laying down in front of the wagon.   As you round a bend in the road, you see a horse and cart on the right. The horse is lying on its side and is not moving. From somewhere in the cart’s general direction you can hear a rhythmic scraping sound, like two rough stones being rubbed vigorously together.”   Xenia moves to have a closer look at the horse, while Barous, has a look at the back of the wagon.  

Edited 1588189381
A shrill buzzing squeal issues from the large tree to your left as a swarm of little brown skinned Sprites come zooming at you. They careen out of the tree and fly up out of the horse carcass beside you. You find yourself at the center of a cloud of a half-dozen of the winged creatures, who are zipping around you at breakneck speed. The fact that the Sprites are less than knee high does little to lessen the fear they inspire in you, through their sheer ferocity alone.   Initiative rolls are made and Combat Round #01 begins:   Barous, has a multi-attack ability and uses both his longsword and whip. The sword hits while the whip missed the Unseelie Sprite #05 for 10 slashing damage!   Rita, hits Unseelie Sprite #06 with the long sword for 5 damage!   Unseelie Sprite #06, hits Rita with it’s long sword (just 6 inches long in this case!), for 3 slashing damage!   Unseelie Sprite #02, hits Xenia with it’s Long sword but it’s just a glancing blow for no damage!   Unseelie Sprite #03, hits Ulvall for 5 piercing damage with an 1 inch arrow from is 3 inch long long bow (max range is 27 ft)!   Ulvall, hits Unseelie Sprite #06 for 12 piercing damage, defeating the creature!   Rahfen, missed Unseelie Sprite #05 with his Sickle!   Unseelie Sprite #05 missed Rahfen with the long sword!   Ricardo, missed Unseelie Sprite #03 with his long bow!   Unseelie Sprite #04 attacks, Xenia hitting for 4 piercing damage with the short bow!   Xenia, cast the Thuderwave spell at 3 of the sprites around the horse and wagon, after constitution save rolls, only one is successful to only take half damage, for 12, 6 and 13 damage! This defeats  Unseelie Sprite #01!   Round #02 of Combat: Barous, hits Unseelie Sprite #05 with both the longsword and whip dealing out 7 + 1 slashing damage, defeating the sprite!   Rita, missed Unseelie Sprite #04, with her short bow!   Unseelie Sprite #02 hits Xenia for 2 damage with the long sword!   Unseelie Sprite #03 hits Barous for 2 damage with the long sword!   Unseelie Sprite #04, missed Xenia with the short bow!   Ulvall, hits Unseelie Sprite #04 for 9 slashing damage with the rapier!   Rahfen, hits Unseelie Sprite #04 for 6 slashing damage with the sickle, defeating the sprite!   Ricardo, hits Unseelie Sprite #03 for 11 piercing damage, right through the hear with the long bow, defeating the sprite!   Xenia, missed Unseelie Sprite #02 with the rapier!   Round #03 of Combat! Barous, hits Sprite #02 with the long sword and whip for 9 + 1 slashing damage, defeating the sprite!   End of Combat!   Xenia, heals herself, with a Cure Wounds Spell, restoring 6 hit points!   The party has a look at the Unseelie sprites but do not find anything of value, unless they want the tiny long swords, short bows and arrows as souvenirs.   Xenia, looks in the back of the wagon to see that there are 3 barrels of apples in it and nothing more. Xenia, takes a few of the and eats one.   Rita, looks at the horse, and sees that it was spliced open and was being eaten.   Barous, has a look at the tree where 3 of the sprites came from to see that a human male is tied to the tree with his skin having been flayed off from the waist up and dead. Nothing of value is found on or around him.   It is about 2:30 am when the party reaches the foot of Candlestick mountain, with the Corvis river lying between them and their goal. The river is swift and treacherous. To the north you see a bridge with wooden planks spaced evenly every so often.   The party has a look at the bridge and sees that it has metal rails on each side, with about a foot gap between each wooden plank, they note the opposite side is slightly higher than the side they are on. The party crosses the bridge without any trouble.   The party continues to follow the track, hiking and climbing up the steeper parts, noticing sever sharp curves and steep inclines along the way up, you figure it was over a mile long, when you finally see that the track leads into a cave opening, which they approach with caution!   Adventure Time is now April 18th at 11:00 pm.   And this ends the gaming session for the day, until next time!   The Adventurers Earned: Unseelie Sprites (6): 75 Each = 450 XP ------- Grand Total: 450 XP  450 / 6 = 75 XP each   Everyone is at 115 XP  Level 1 reached at 300 XP   Loot Found: Alee-Onna’s dagger Tiny long swords, short bows and arrows of the Unseelie Sprites   Number of Sessions for current Adventure Module: 2 nd Session for “Ravenloft: Prey of the Black Wolf” Play Test 04/15/2020 [1st Session start was 04/18/2020]