Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Is this possible with macros?

Does anyone know if it's possible to display the lower kept die among, say, 3d12kh2, and use that in calculations for the roll (all in one output)? So my macro will output a) the result of 3d12kh2 + attribute X and b) the lowest kept die + attribute Y. Say I roll 3d12 and get a 12, a 10, and a 2. I keep the 12 and the 10. I have an attribute X of 4 and an attribute Y of 6. a = 26 (12 + 10 + 4). b = 16 (10 + 6).
1588071342
mrianmerry
Pro
Sheet Author
I don't want to make an absolute statement, as I've been pleasantly surprised in the past, but I am reasonably confident that this is not possible for free users, and I do not know how to use the API to achieve this result. What's your use-case, btw? It's a very unique request as far as I'm aware...
Thanks for the reply. It's for a homebrew playtest session.
1588081304
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
If you are open to doing the same sort of math you would around a table, you could just use the dice roller to roll the dice. This will roll 3d12 show all rolls in chat in descending order, and show the total. /r 3d12sd It looks like you want to keep the higher 2 rolls, so this would do the same thing while greying out the lowest roll and leaving it out of the total. /r {3d12sd}kh2 You could also write your macro to display the attributes on separate lines so they are right there to add without having to look them up on the sheet.
1588088477
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ian is correct there is no way to keep the lowest die in one calculation, and use it in another. Kraynic's solution is the best way available to free users.