Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Weekly Play Test Gaming Summary Part #01:

Thank You For Playing today's game 04/26/2020 - From 8:45 pm EDT, until 11:00 pm EDT, and our 1st Play Test Gaming Session, goes out to:   Cleric (of Lightning) – Hairfeet Halfling – Chandry Quick-Foot - Devin M. Fighter – Dwarf – Duncan Steelbeard - Roxxifarius Ranger – Human – Estrel Tol - Christopher G.   Whom Could Not Make It Today!   Ranger – High Elf - Ricardo Jamez –  Buddy-D ???? - Jack J. ???? - Phoenix   Game Summary for Saturday (04/26/2020):   Opening Scene: Day 1: April 26; 7:00 pm: The adventure begins as three fellows travel along the Timori road, looking for work, when they see a wanted poster nailed to a tree of which the Reeve Dominond is offering 1,000 gold coins for finding someone named Elgin the Wolf.   Estrel, whom is usually more comfortable out in the woods than in towns, is glad to see a potential job dropped into their lap and the possibility of buying a horse this would bring. Duncan, is happy of the thought of getting some good coin.   Hoping there is still time to see the Reeve, the group quickens their pace into the town, along the way they bump into Herdred, who is only about five feet five inches tall. He has black hair that is going gray at his temples. He is in his early forties. He wears a red, knee length, velvet robe whose collar, hem, and cuffs are lined with rabbit fur. Under his left arm he carries a bundle of furs.   Estrel says, “ Well met, Heardred. It would appear that you know a pretty good trapper, eh?"   Duncan says, “How are things in your town?”   Herdred says, “ Know a good trapper? Why Yes, I'm am that trapper! I am a furrier by trade. The town is fine just a little more on edge than usual due to a few murders of farmers in the area."   Estrel says, “ "A  FEW ? How many is "a few"?   Herdred says, "You folks just passing through or staying in Kellee?" "With night fall coming, I don't recommend traveling along the roads." "The town pretty much closes and locks up at dusk.", “I don't know any details on the murders, myself, however, my supplier Hoc had a few run ins with Elgin's gang.”   Duncan says, “ We need to speak with this Reeve"   Herdred says, “ “ Hoc is a trapper, you see, he spends a lot of time in the same woods that Elgin and his gang used to patrol.” Heardred then scratches his chin and says, “If memory serves, Hoc told me they had an arrangement. As long as Hoc gave Elgin and his boys the meat from his kills, they would let him do his business unmolested.”   Estrel says, "The farmers live IN the town? Or on the outskirts, near their fields?", turns to Duncan and elbows him.     Estrel says, “ Much as I am not thrilled about staying in town, we probably need to do that - and speak to the Reeve quickly if we're going to get involved in this Elgin stuff"   Herdred says, “No the farmers live on their own lands around the outskirts of the town.”   Estrel says, “So No one in town has been murdered?”   Duncan looks to Estrel for a moment before speaking.   Herdred says, “No sir, no one in Kellee proper itself.”, “ There is an inn here in town called the Tall Mug, go there if you need a place to stay. the Reeve should be at the town hall until nightfall in a bit so you could go see him if he doesn't have any meetings."   Duncan says, “Thanks much, ya have a good day.”   Hendred says, “ The Town Hall is that big Building over there (pointing)" "just keep going down this road and you'll spot the tall mug on the other side of town with stables nearby." "You too, folks, nice to have met you."   Duncan says, “Let’s get rooms and go see the Reeve”   As they move along the road they pass by a temple of Choosir, the god of commerce, wisdom checks indicate they both recognized the temple as such. Across the street from the temple is a moneychanger shop. Just past both buildings is the town’s Bazaar area, filled with merchants, games and entertainers.   The Bazaar is an open area directly in front of the Town Hall. There the Timori Road widens out into a circle about fifty feet across. Most days more than a dozen entertainers, traveling merchants, and artisans can be found there plying their trades. In a village full of color, the bazaar shines all the brighter. Tarpaulins and tents of vibrant colors protect the business that goes on under them from the gray skies above.   An area in the north side of the Bazaar, in front of two brightly painted covered wagons, is open enough that a score of villagers have gathered to watch a lovely young Vistani woman dance. What looks to be her father and brother stand, on opposite sides of the space she is dancing in, playing a fiddle and flute. At the end of each song the audience toss copper coins at the young lady’s feet and applaud. While she is collecting the coins, a stern eyed Vistani man comes out of the back of one of the wagons and approaches the crowd directly. He says, “You will come with me.” Then he turns motioning them to follow him back to the wagon he emerged from.   As the adventurers take all this in, they decide to head for the Tall Mug Inn first, in order to get a room to stay in.   As they cross the bazaar area a fellow who seems to be looking for someone, bumps into Estrel.   The fellow is a handsome man with a strong chin and chiseled jawline. His curly light brown hair rests on his stout shoulders. He is dressed in a blue satin doublet with gold trim. He carries a green leather messenger bag over his left shoulder. It is ornately appointed with silver fittings and a locked latch.
Ruan says, “ Oh pardon me sir!" "I am looking for my son, somewhere around here."   Estrel says, "Does your son have a name? Or can you give us a description? We are new in town, and haven't seen many folks other than the furrier"   Ruan says, “Lowen is his name, he is a young boy who is eight years old. He has brown, curly trusses hang down from beneath his blue, puffy cap.  He is wearing finely tailored clothes, that match his cap, my name is Ruan, we arrived in town about a half hour ago.”   Estrel says, “ "Where was the last place you saw him, Ruan?"   Ruan says, “Right here in the bazaar”.   Estrel, scans the bazaar, looking for both faces and anyone acting suspicious.   Ruan says, “ "If you happen to spot him, I'd be grateful, we are staying over at the tall mug inn" "We were going to get our fortunes read by the Vistani Gypsy here in the bazaar but got separated playing the games."   Estrel nods and offers his hand to Ruan to shake, says, “Will do. If we see him, we’ll point him to the inn.”   Ruan, shakes Estrels hand and says, “Thank you.”   The adventurers, then proceed towards the Inn, scanning around more for any signs of an eight year old boy. Along the way, they see a woman of average height that seems to be in her sixties. She has kind eyes and a warm smile. Her gray hair is tucked under a kerchief, so it is only visible where her neck meets the back of her head. She wears a rusty brown dress and a white apron. This lady has just come out of Kip’s butcher’s shop as the sign on the building says.   Siryule says, “Greetings folks!”   Estrel says, “Good day ma’am.”   Duncan says, “Greetings, How’s the shopping at the Butcher?”   Siryule says, “Oh he offers a lot of good meats indeed. If you need meats I recommend seeing Kip inside!”   Estrel says, “That’s a great tip to see Kip. You wouldn’t have happened to see a small boy on his own, have you?”   Siryule says, “Tell ‘im that Siryule sent you!. No I am afraid not, I just stopped here looking for some bacon for breakfast and did not see one.”   After their chat with Siryule, the party continues on down Timori road until they spot the Tall Mug Inn with a stable on the road opposite of it.   The Tall Mug Inn is a long two-story building on the west side of town. It is on the north side of the Timori Road, directly across from the stables. The Inn, like most of the buildings in Kellee, has tall whitewashed walls with dark timber supports and crossbeams. Large ornate flowers decorate the front wall of the inn. Unlike most other buildings in the village the roof of the Tall Mug is made of heavy terracotta tiles. The main entrance of the inn opens into the dining room of the inn's tavern. It is a long low-ceilinged room with a bar on the far end. Eight heavy oak tables are staggered down the length of the room. A lady calls out to the party as you enter. She s a plump middle-aged woman with dishwater blond hair. She is friendly and outgoing. She wears a tan and green dress with a bodice.   Aelswith the InnKeeper sees them coming in and immediately waves them over, mentioning rooms are 6 silvers a night with meals included, and if not staying at the inn meals are 15 copper pieces, additional beverages are extra, like ale, red wine or apple cider is available.   Aelswith goes on to mention the food menu, “ Breakfast is goat chops and eggs, with apple cider. Lunch and dinner are meat stew, normally goat meat, but sometimes pork, rye bread, and mashed potatoes.”   Estrel says, “Room and meals make sense.”   Duncan says, “Perhaps a meal after we see the Reeve about this Elgin Fella.”   Estrel says to Aelswith, “ Say, just out of curiosity - the Reeve wouldn't happen to frequent here (either bar or for meals) would he?"   Aelswith says, "Oh, Dominond will stop in from time to time to check up on the locals and see what they need done and such."   Onela the chamber maid comes over to the fellows, saying to Estrel, “ Hello there handsome, (To Estrel), are you hungry? need a drink?"   Estrel says, “ , "Are you talking to me? My friend and I have some business with the Reeve. Eating and drinking might be the order of the evening after that, thank you."   Onela says, “ "Very well, (she winks as she walks away.)"   Estrel says, “ Do you need funds to cover the room and meals?”, and fishes out 12 silver and places it on the bar in front of Aelswith.   Aelswith proceeds to give Estrel the key to a room, pointing to the stairwell to go upstairs to find the room with the same number as on the key.   After that, the adventurers quickly make their way back to the Town Hall to see Dominond the Reeve.   The Town Hall is one of the largest buildings in the whole of Kellee. It has sturdy stone walls and is covered with a roof of thick terracotta tiles. The Town Hall is made up of three sections.   The party makes their way to the middle triangular section with a “Reeve’s Office” sign and two guards stationed at the front door. The wings to either side are marked Jail and Garrison.   The adventures greet the guard and tell them they would like to see the Reeve about the Elgin job.   One guard goes inside to inform the Reeve of their presence, a moment later, he let’s them in telling them they have five minutes before the Reeve’s next scheduled meeting arrives.   Dominond is setting behind a large wooden desk in a red wing backed chair. Behind him is a fireplace with a portrait of what looks like the Reeve when he was a young man, sitting on the mantel piece. There are two plush stools between the office’s door and the Reeve’s desk, for visitors to use. The hardwood floor is mostly covered by an ornate but worn rug, that is burgundy in color, with gold trim. As the party comes in the door, the Reeve motions them in with a beckoning wave. He points to the stools, and says, “Sit, sit”  
When Dominond sees there is more than two, he tells the guard to bring a bench inside for the Halfling fellow, “The fellow deserves a rest as well. So you are interested in hunting down that animal Elgin the Wolf?”   Dominond is a man of average height. The years are starting to show on him. He is a bit paunchy, and his brown hair is going gray around the temples.   Estrel says, "If you are certain that he is your murderer, we can track him down and bring him in. That's what you want, right?"   Duncan says, “ Yes heard hes killed some Farmers."   "Yes, it is what I want, to bring him to justice. And yes, he is believed to be behind the famers deaths. I am short on men here to investigate full time, thus why I am hiring out."   "What can you tell us about Elgin. Why do you believe HE is the killer? What would he gain from killing farmers?"   "Elgin has led a group of highwaymen that have plagued the roads of Tepest, and Nova Vaasa for the last five years. About four and a half months ago he and his band raided a silver mine on the northern border. They killed the four dwarves that ran the mine and made off with a fortune in silver. Shortly after that, two months later, Elgin went mad and killed all his men, seven of them. After that he started killing people who live north of the village. He has killed five in all. All lived on farms in the surrounding countryside"   Duncan says, "How much ya offering us?"   Estrel elbows Duncan at the mention of the 4 dwarves.   Dominond says, “ The offer is 1,000 gold to bring him in." , "Elgin, has been a thorn in my side for the last 3 years, to put a stop to his marauding. I don't have enough town guards to spare more time to investigate the murders, so thus why I am making an offer.", "That is all I can tell you about what we know, and that the victims all died of stab wounds."   Duncan says, “ Is it dead or alive or preferred alive?"   Dominond says, “ "If he must be killed because he can't be captured, that will be alright, you still get the gold. I will of course require proof.”   Estrel says, “So you think he is  ALONE  and killing these people - just as acts of chaos - no other good reasons?", “How far apart (and how long ago) were each of the farmer deaths?"   Dominond says, “Yes we believe he acted alone, it is possible he has gone mad. The farmers death occurred most recently the last one just two weeks ago, over a span of about a couple each week before the last.”   Estrel says, “ Have these farmers all been bachelors? None had families? Or were whole families wiped out? "   Dominond says, “ Just the heads of the households were killed."     A moment later the town guard announces that the Reeve’s next meeting has arrived, a fellow named Ingeld.   Estrel says, “ "I see you have another appointment. Consider us "on the job". Thank you"   Dominond says, “Ok, folks nice talking to you, good luck on finding Elgin."   Duncan nods and gets up to leave, as does Estrel who whispers to Estrel, “ "I guess we visit the widows of the murder victims in the morning, eh?"   Duncan says, “ Says, "We hunt him down like the animal he is and beat the story out of im."     As you leave you take note of Ingeld, whom greets the party on the way out: Ingeld is a tall plump man, with a shaven head and a pointed red beard. He wears a tunic style robe, that comes down to a few inches below his knees. Ingeld’s robe has gold and silver coins sown to its trim. The rest of the robe is a deep crimson.   Ingeld says, “Greetings folks nice to meet you.”, then walks into the reeve’s office.   Estrel returns Ingeld’s greeting as they pass.”   Estrel says, “ Hunting down animals is certainly my field!"     Adventure Time is now April 26th at 9:00 pm.   And this ends the gaming session for the day, until next time!   The Adventurers Earned: No Experience Points awarded this session ------- Grand Total: None   Everyone is at 0 XP  Level 1 reached at 300 XP   Loot Found:     Number of Sessions for current Adventure Module: 1 st Session for “Ravenloft: Prey of the Black Wolf” Play Test 04/26/2020 [1st Session start was 04/26/2020]