Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Problems Uploading Gif or Webm archives

Hi! to everyone, i need to report a problem. Problem with Gif and Webm archives. I'm trying to upload files in this format, between 3 - 9.8 mb. The problem is that to upload just 1 file, it takes several hours (it's a bit incomprehensible). When uploading, it appears in recent uploads, but when dragging them to the screen they don't load. In fact, later on the top bar of the DM and Players, it appears in the thumbnail of the page, but when loading that page, it appears empty as if there was no map.  The loading times for uploading these types of files are desperate.  Also, I have another strange problem. The upload bar never advances.....it always comes out in gray, and it doesn't advance.  Even so the files type jgp, png... are loaded correctly after a time not so high as the gif or webm. (It is not a serious problem the truth, but I communicate it in case to some person it happens to him the same thing) Thx in advance.
About 10-12 hours to try to load only one 6mb v8 webm file all night, and at sunrise, the file appeared in recent uploads, but the thumbnail was not seen and not could it be loaded on a page as a map ...... something is wrong with gifs and webm ..... the static jpg and png files load quickly ..... the rest there is some kind of problem that does not let it load correctly .....
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
I didn't think Roll20 supported webm files.
B Simon Smith said: I didn't think Roll20 supported webm files. It can be used, i reed it somewhere but it must be vp8 or vp9.
Ok, another problem..... After 6h to upload one 9,5mb (1080p) webm file, it appears on the roll20 platform, when i put it on the screen it looks extremely blurry and with lag (fps).  I use Chrome in the latest version, with a 100mb download/upload real symmetrical connection. The file when playing it out of roll20, has a very good quality, but in roll20 it occupies the same size (9,5mb) but with 70-80% less quality.