Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Weekly Gaming Summary #03 (05/02/20) Reposted!

Thank You For Playing today's game 05/02/2020 - From 10:15 am EDT, until 1:45 pm EDT, and our 3 nd Play Test Gaming Session, goes out to:   Cleric – Mountain Dwarf – Akhenaten - AKSHAY J.   Cleric –Hill Dwarf – Travok Lightbearer - Jaster R. Paladin Knight – Human – Barous Bloodbane - Christian W.   Ranger – Drow Elf – Rahfen K - Rahfen Ranger – High Elf - Ricardo Jamez –  Buddy-D Bard – Tiefling – Xenia Locoster -  Roxxifarius Rogue – Human – Ulvall - Ullek H.   Whom Could Not Make It Today!   Everyone was present for the first time in at least a couple years for a game!                                                                                                              Game Summary for Saturday (05/02/2020):   Opening Scene: Day 1: April 18; 9:00 pm: The party had arrived at the Corvis river where they see a bridge with tracks upon it and proceeded to cross over it to the other side and continued to follow the tracks, hiking and climbing their way up the steeper parts, noticing sever sharp curves  and steep inclines along the way up, they arrive at the top and see that the tracks lead into a cave opening.   Area Description: The mine entrance area is about sixty-five feet long by around fifty-five feet wide, at its widest point. The cart tracks run roughly down the middle of the ledge. The ledge is covered with coarse gravel, a byproduct of digging the mine.   There are two mine carts sitting on the tracks near the edge of the ledge. They are attached to a cable, that runs up to a complex pulley system at the top of a twenty-foot wooden tower, and then on to a huge winch off to one side.   The winch is over twenty feet wide. It is mostly made of an enormous spool of heavy cable, mounted on an iron platform. Next to the spool is a tall handle.    As it turns out there is a mountain dwarf sleeping in one of the mine carts, reeking of booze. The fellow’s name is Akhenaten and says this to the party, “ I came to investigate. My brethren were slaughtered down there, I was hoping to get some idea about what might have happened, but when I approached the mines, i heard this weird howls... gave me the chills. SO I camped up in them carts!"   Ulvall and Rahfen look over the cable mechanism, to see how it works, Rahfen had an idea to use the cable as a tripwire across the cave opening but sees it would require some work to remove it from the mine carts.   Before proceeding inside the mine Akhenaten, casts the Cure Wounds spell upon Ulvall to heal him up fully with 7 hit points restored.   Going down the passage blood stains is found here and there along the floor as they reach a split, going right or left and take the right passage until they come to an open shaft with another smaller cable pulley mechanism sending a wire down the shaft.   Akhenaten, sees that the mine was dug out a long while back at this spot and tossed a pebble down into the shaft but did not hear it hit bottom.   Akhenaten, then turns the winch that controls the cable spool and the cable starts coming up to eventually reveal an elevator car with mine cart tracks on it. There is a mechanism to work the elevator from inside of it.   The party decides to see what lays beyond the elevator and goes down the passage, noticing a few smaller holes just big enough for a gnome to squeeze through.   Coming to another fork in the passage they take the right one and a short time later reach a dead end.   As they turn to retread their steps, off in the distance you see several sets of glowing red eyes reflecting back your torchlight. Suddenly a cacophony of squeals split the air as a pack of boar sized rats’ charges into the light with ravenous hunger in their eyes. Gob rats are enormous rats the size of large dogs. Their greasy coats vary in color from gray, to brown, to black; and their eyes glow red in the darkness. They have oversized mouths, that are host to monstrous teeth.   Initiative rolls are made and Combat Round #01 begins!   The Gob Rat swarm of 5 rats come upon Rahfen of the 5 only one managed to bite him for 5 piercing damage!   Ricardo hits a Gob Rat for 7 piercing damage with the long bow!   Rahfen decides to retreat a bit giving a gob rat an attack of opportunity, but it missed him with his claws.   Ulvall, hits a Gob Rat of 11 piercing damage with the rapier, defeating the first of them!   Rita Slate just stays back away from the fight.   Akhenaten, hits a Gob Rat for 5 damage with the warhammer!   Barous, hits a Gob Rat for 4 slashing damage with the long sword but missed with his whip, another rat goes down!   Xenia, hits a Gob Rat for 6 piercing damage with the rapier!     Round #02 of Combat:   The Gob Rat Swarm, switched it’s attention to Akhenaten, one claws at him for 3 slashing damage, another bites him for 2 piercing damage the third one missed trying to bite him!   Ricardo, hits a Gob Rat for 8 piercing damage with the long bow, defeating a third rat!   Rahfen, fires an arrow with his long bow hitting a Gob Rat for 10 piercing damage!   Ulvall, swings and missed a Gob Rat with his rapier!   Rita, continues to stay away.   Akhenaten, swings is warhammer (one-handed) and hits a Gob Rat for 5 bludgeoning damage, defeating it!   Barous,  hits the last Gob Rat with his long sword for 19 slashing damage due to a critical roll of 25 and 2 more for the whip hitting, defeating the last Gob Rat!   End of Combat!   Akhenaten, heals up Rahfen with a Cure Wounds spell recovering 9 hit points, fully healing him up!   The Gob Rats are flayed for food and to see if they had swallowed anything of value but no.   They go back to the fork and take the short left passage which came to another dead end so they go back to the elevator shaft and work it down the shaft, Akhenaten, guesstimating a trip of about 250 feet down.
At the bottom they exit the elevator’s left side and continue down a passage until a fork is reach, they decide to take the left passage. The mine cart tracks current stop at the fork, but you can tell that it’s is made to eventually go done the other two passages.   Rahfen, investigates the tracks along the floor, seeing that they are dwarven and human in nature but couldn’t tell anything more from what he saw.   Ricardo, investigates the tracks as well, he’s able to discern, that the human tracks appear to be the most recent of the tracks and most numerous, which do go down both of the other two passages as well.   As they go down the left passage they come into a chamber area, spotting someone huddled under the cover of blankets, in the chamber’s north side. The fellow appears to be frightened of your presence here.   Xenia, right away looks for the bag of coins, she remembers that Alee-Onna had but does not spot them.   Gob rat bones litter the chamber in a spot and there are mushrooms growing here along with a small spring on the chamber’s west side. There are stalagmites and stalactites here as well.   When asked what his name was the frightened fellow answers, he is Soven and eight years old.   Rahfen says, “ Move too quickly and I'll pierce your skull. What are you doing here?”   Xenia says, “Are you a Werewolf?”   Akhenaten says, “ Rahfen, Don't scare the poor boy (Approaches the figure cautiously holding out rations from his bag), here, you must be hungry”   At first Soven, hesitates to take the rations, remaining huddled under the blankets, suddenly he grabs the food and devours it ravishingly!   The party meanwhile can tell it’s the Elgin they have been looking for as he matched the image on the wanted poster and looks to be in his early twenties.   The party tries to get him to say he’s Elgin but he insists his name is Soven. Soven now seems to be more relaxed now that he’s eaten.   Akhenaten, tells Soven he is under arrest and the party jumps Soven. Rahfen managed to hold him down as Barous managed to snag one of his flailing arms. Akhenaten pummels at Soven with his warhammer.   Barous ties one wrist and managed to grab hold of the other arm to tie up the other wrist, as Xenia and Akhenaten moves to hold Soven down as well, as he punches to subdue Soven.   They then use the blankets (which were searched by Xenia first but nothing was in them), around his legs and tie the legs up.   After that Rahfen decides to pick some of the mushrooms, seeing as it looks like others have been picked as well. Rahfen then washes his face in the spring water.   The party has a closer look around the chamber but still come up short with finding Alee-Onna’s bag of coins. Though there is a short sword of which Rahfen places into his belt straps.   Barous attempted to cast a Charm Person spell upon Soven/Elgin, but he made his wisdom save against the spell!   Barous and Akhenaten, carry the tied up Soven/Elgin out of the chamber and make their way back to the fork in the passages. Barous decides to use his manacles to lock Soven/Elgin up in the middle, (wrist to ankles).   They decide to head down a left passage before heading back to the elevator but when they retreat from the dead end they are greeted by 7 more of the Gob Rats!   Initiative Rolls are made and Round #01 of Combat Begins!   Ricardo hits a Gob Rat for 8 piercing damage with the short sword!   Xenia decides to cast the Thunderwave spell which would deal out 8 damage to each Gob Rat if they don’t save. A wave of thunderous force sweeps from Xenia’s hands, and each creature in a 15 feet cube of her can take the damage and get moved 10 feet back from Xenia.   Ricardo is also unfortunately caught in the blast and failed his save taking the full damage but the Gob Rats make their save and take only half damage of 4,  but all get pushed back 10 feet. Ricardo falls unconscious from the blast which also shudders the passage and sends loose stone falling here and there but the passage stays intact!   With 3 of the Rats left, (I seemed to have used the full 8 damage on each rat instead of the 4!) Rahfen attacks with his shortword hitting a Gob Rat for 8 damage!   Ulvall, swings and missed a Gob Rat with his Rapier   Barous,  whose spear akhenaten temporarily enhanced to a plus one weapon prior to the combat, just used only his whip, hitting for 6 slashing damage!   The Gob Rats attack Akhenaten now with only one hitting him with a bite for 8 piercing damage!   Akhenaten, swings his warhammer (one-handed) but missed the Gob Rat!   Rita stays back away from the fight.   Round #02 of Combat:   Ricardo, makes his first successful death save!   Xenia, moves to Ricardo to stabilize him and succeeds.   Rahfen, hits a Gob Rat for 7 piercing damage with the short sword, defeating it!   Ulvall, missed a Gob Rat with his Rapier!   Barous, missed a Gob Rat with his Whip!   Gob Rats attack Akhenaten again, both of them miss!   Akhenaten, swings his Warhammer (one-handed) at a Gob Rat but missed!   Rita, stays back.   Round #03 of Combat:   Ricardo is recovering from the Thunderwave blast!   Xenia, hits a Gob Rat for 6 damage with the rapier!   Rahfen, hits a Gob Rat for 8 piercing damage with the short sword, defeating the rat!   Ulvall, hits a Gob Rat for 13 damage and that finished off the Gob Rats!   End of Combat!
Adventure Time is now April 18th at 10:15 pm.   And this ends the gaming session for the day, until next time!   The Adventurers Earned: Gob Rats (13): 25 XP each = 325 XP Finding Soven: 100 XP ------- Grand Total: 425 / 7 = 60.7 XP each   Everyone is at 175.7 XP  Level 1 reached at 300 XP   Loot Found: Short sword   Number of Sessions for current Adventure Module: 3rd Session for “Ravenloft: Prey of the Black Wolf” Play Test 05/02/2020 [1st Session start was 04/18/2020]