Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Cannot pull weapon into macro

Hi, kinda new to the world of macros, and I've stumbled across this newbie issue. I have trouble creating a macro that pulls the weapon stats from the "Attacks & Spellcasting" area of the character sheet. For example, my character has a dagger. I have addedd all the details of the weapon on the character sheet, but when I try to create a macro for it, I cannot find any option that pulls that data. I have found many options on how to roll with a selected weapon (most of which I don't understand) but I really only have the one melee weapon. Any ideas?
This largely depends on what sheet you are using and how you are writing your macro. You need to know the rowid of repeating section the weapon is located  in. Most macros for this will look something like this @{selected|repeating_attack$X_weaponname|name of the field your trying to call}. X is the rowid number, it always starts at the number 0 and increases normally. The name of the field within the weapon might be BAB or something else depending on how the sheet has its variables setup. 
Thank you for your reply. I am a little lost on some of the terminology you used, so I should probably go read up a little more first. 
Yeah it takes little getting use to. What sheet are you using?
Bog standard 5e. I have to say, I still don't know what to do, but I got intimidated by several words in your post that I didn't know. I don't know what a repeating section is, nor what "name of the field you're trying to call" means. I have not seen anything related to that :(
1588700259
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Repeating Sections are groups of duplicatable rows on a Character sheet.  Attacks, Spells, Inventory, Resources, etc. are all Repeating Sections.  Within the Repeating Section, there are attributes that contain various values, like the Name, Damage, etc.  Knowing what those are called is tedious and generally requires looking at the source of the character sheet using the browser's developer tools.  Sometimes you can find them by looking at your chat history after you execute a roll. Something that might work for you is dragging a Roll from your Character to the Macro Bar.  You can do that if you have the Macro Bar shown, and it will create a button for that specific character's roll.
Thank you both! @The Aaron I tried what you suggested and I think it's the best course of action for me, simple and sweet! Thank you!
1588786942
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Great!