Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Dynamic Lighting works, and then doesn't

Hi, First post to the community so a big 'hello' to everyone. I've been playing D&D locally with friends for several years, having recently moved online due to the restrictions in meeting in person. We're having an absolute blast with Roll20 and within days I've upgraded to pro to start implementing all the exciting features. I ran my first session last night as GM and we had recurring issue with the dynamic lighting. I set up the tokens, granting vision, also granting darkvision appropriately to those who possess it. I set up multiple tokens in the object layer and assigned them to give off light. Walls were traced as standard. This is using the new dynamic lighting system. It all seemed to work perfectly for everyone at first but what was being reported is that every so often the map would become pitch black for everyone. The issue would often be resolved by the player selecting their token and moving it slightly, at which point they could see again. Sometimes this would not work, and I would need to select the light sources and move them around a bit to get them to 'reactivate', restoring the player's vision of the scene. It seems to be something that can be worked around in-game but it's still a disruption to the flow of the game to have to stop and start dragging the light tokens around so people can see again. I did a quick search on the forum and I've not seen this issue discussed as yet; has anybody encountered and overcome this issue? Advice very much appreciated. Thanks Jack
1589544539

Edited 1589544618
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The new UDL system is still very much in a beta testing phase. I'd recommend switching to legacy for now. Darkvision in 5e, just as an example, is currently impossible to represent properly with UDL, even before you get to any bugs. Give the old system a crack and report back if you have further dramas.