Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Home Brew Question for Newbie

Hi. I'm new to Roll 20 and was wondering how this site works for home brew systems. I've been running a post apocalypse type game that's extremely bare bones as far as game mechanics go. I introduced a group of people who have never played roll playing games before, so I kept it as basic as possible while still keeping some depth to game play.  That being said, does R20 work for simplified games? I'm curious about character sheets and if we can really customize them to work with the R20 system. I've gone through the tutorial but still a little confused. I was looking for an online map system to run an online campaign and found R20.  Any help welcome. Thanks!
1589473457
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
You can skip using a pre-made character sheet, and just add stats in the Attributes & Abilities tab, and then  create ability rolls to call these numbers when you need to create dice rolls. That's also how things where done before the Character sheet feature was introduced. GiG's was working on a customizable universal character sheet(don't have a link now), but that would require Pro subscription to use.