Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Hi. new member. Isolating too much and need some (Dark) Sun

I'm 44 years old and played 2ed D&D from the late 80's to the end of the 90's but haven't really played in almost 20 years. I'm still pretty well versed in the rules as I've been reading all my old books the past couple of months. I played a lot of Dark Sun and Forgotten Realms and a little Planescape and Ravenloft. Would love to get into a Dark Sun campaign but am really up for anything.  I am interested in being a player . Never really comfortable DMing. I'm in EDT (UTC-4)  Quebec,and I have a pretty open availability due to Covid-19 closing my work for now.  I only just discovered online gaming yesterday a little patience/help might be needed when I get into a group. Will be playing around on the site for a few days to see what I can figure out on my own. Cheers , hope to see you at the virtual table soon. Mike
Gold
Forum Champion
Looks good, Mike. Stay patient & consistently logging in here to look for game offers. You will be able to find a game. Sometimes it takes a couple/few weeks to find a good game. The reason is 1000's of people (100's of AD&D games) are playing on this site but they are full & keep playing for months and months. Majority of games are not looking for players on any given day.  Stick with it & something will come up to fit your interests described above.

Edited 1589950502
Mike B said: I'm 44 years old and played 2ed D&D from the late 80's to the end of the 90's but haven't really played in almost 20 years. I'm still pretty well versed in the rules as I've been reading all my old books the past couple of months. I played a lot of Dark Sun and Forgotten Realms and a little Planescape and Ravenloft. Would love to get into a Dark Sun campaign but am really up for anything.  I am interested in being a player . Never really comfortable DMing. I'm in EDT (UTC-4)  Quebec,and I have a pretty open availability due to Covid-19 closing my work for now.  I only just discovered online gaming yesterday a little patience/help might be needed when I get into a group. Will be playing around on the site for a few days to see what I can figure out on my own. Cheers , hope to see you at the virtual table soon. Mike Huzzah, Mike! Just wanted to direct your attention to the top of the screen in this dropdown:  If you then click on "Join a game", you'll be directed to the LFG (looking for group forum). That's where you'll find open games. It's nice that you let us all know of your existence here, but you'll need to actively search for games if you want to find one soon. Be sure to adjust the filters to isolate AD&D . And don't forget to submit a compelling application in the games you want to join. Cheers, and happy 2Eing Josh
AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
awesome reply Josh!