Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

unmovable tokens that are controlled by players

Hi, I've seen how to make interactive maps, BUT I don't know how to keep my players from moving them. Since you have to allow your characters the ability to control them so they can select them to use the macro. I just want to know if there is a way for them able to interact with them without them being able to move them. 
1589954776

Edited 1589954827
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
How are you allowing players to select them? If you use target in place of selected , you dont need to give players the ability to control them. target allows players to select tokens they dont control, but only for the purpose of that macro. They wont be able to move them.
How do I let players target tokens? I'm still fairly novice at roll20 so I don't think I know how to do that.
1589955657
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's hard to answer this without knowing what macro you are using. If you post that I can tell you how to change it. But it should have attribute call like @{selected|something} in it. You just change the selected part to target, like so @{target|something} Using attributes in macros (including how to target other tokens) is described here:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Attribute_Macros" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Attribute_Macros</a>
&amp;{template:default} {{name=@{selected|token_name}}} {{[image](@{selected|bar1})}} {{@{selected|bar2}}} {{[(Learn More)](@{selected|bar3})}} This be the macro used&nbsp;
Oh I got it to work, thanks so much!&nbsp;
1589957839
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Great!&nbsp;