Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Unusual error when moving a path between layers

Script: <a href="https://gist.github.com/anonymous/3bf4e7cad25c6090" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/anonymous/3bf4e7cad25c6090</a>... The error occurs only the first time the path is moved onto the dynamic lighting layer, and gives this convoluted error at or after line 110 (and is caused by line 110): /home/symbly/www/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:1 orts, require, module, __filename, __dirname) { function f(a){throw a;}var j=v ^ Error: Firebase.child failed: First argument must be a non-empty string and can't contain ".", "#", "$", "[", or "]". at Error ( ) at Ha (/home/symbly/www/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:12:204) at G.W.H (/home/symbly/www/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:126:213) at TrackedObj._doSave ( Subsequent moves are handled correctly (after the script is reloaded). Additionally since the error is cut off I'm not sure Does anyone know what is causing this error and why it only occurs in the first move and not subsequently? I think I must be fixing something in the state when I reload the script, but I'm not sure what: logging shows that the parameters passed to the call on 110 are exactly the same. Thanks for any advice!
1400965316
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
At a glance, I suspect there's a bug with the creation of the path object itself, not with your script. Firebase is the company that hosts Roll20's backend, _doSave would logically be the function used to save objects to the server so that they can be synchronized between players, and I suspect the first argument would be the object id. If the object id is poorly-formatted or missing, then, Firebase would throw a fit. I doubt this is something you can fix with your script; you'd have to talk with Riley about it.