keithcurtis said: My assumption (from working on similar IP work) is that are likely given a production PDF and a connection to a cache of the original art files. From what I have seen WotC does a lot of its preliminary work in Microsoft Word, so that's possible if they are given pre-release materials, but not much better than a pdf. Yeah, from discussions I've had, the work is painstaking, largely manual, and requires thorough proofreading. This slows down the process immensely. I'd think TeK, rather than Word, at least. Just looking at AoN putting everything up (which, btw, is scrape-able (a friend and I got the spells, and were working on a script to add them, but then drag and drop spells were added, so we dropped it)), I figured they probably had some reasonable format. But again, even if they didn't, import scripts from Paizo PDF text isn't that bad seeming (SF HUD had one, I was working on one for PF2 before the Bestiary was added (some issues with distinguishing sections, if I recall, but probably not insurmountable), and I made a mostly working one for the Rappan Athuk 5E PDF, which also had clean text copy, and which only broke on a couple of monsters out of the 200, or however many). However, creatures aren't, I think, the main problem (though they would be for a bestiary, of course, unless there was automation). There are about 15-ish per AP book, which is a pain, but only 1-2 hours work, in my experience. I think the text from the PDF, and sorting which of the handouts it goes into, would be much more tedious. That text copies over fairly well, though line breaks are an issue (multi-cursor paragraph selection is my usual fix, if it's enough of a bother to not do it manually on Roll20). Seeing Roll20 put up the Bestiary (and soon, Bestiary 2), strongly suggests some sort of automation though. I think the next one is coming out on the pdf release date, even (though they probably get it early, there's only so many times you enter monster text into a sheet before trying to automate things). There probably is some good reason, of course. Most likely, I'm simply underestimating the amount of work to port it over, and overestimating what Roll20 would make from selling it. Anyways, thanks for the responses.