Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Ch. 4: Eofor Tells the Adventurers about the Victims, Then Visit Alee-Onna at Her Cottage

Dungeon Master (GM): ok to get things started I'll post all of what Eofor is saying to the party has he shows you his ledger.   Dungeon Master (GM): Inside of Eofor’s Office at the Kellee graveyard: Eofor, goes to his desk, opens a ledger, and begins to read from it, “It was four months five days ago that Elgin’s gang was brought in. They numbered seven in total. All of them had their throats torn out, as well as being stabbed, by a sword like the one Elgin is known to carry. This is actually something that is common to all but one of Elgin’s victims.”   Eofor turns to the next page in the ledger and says, “Next, a week later, Torr brought in Froda and Wulfgar. They owned a farm west of the village. Froda was the only one of Elgin’s victim’s to not have her throat torn out and be stabbed. She had the back of her skull crushed.”   The undertaker continued reading to the bottom of the page and then said, “And, oh yes, there was Jaspen the carpenter. He was brought in two days after Froda and Wulfgar. They said he had been working on a house for a newlywed couple, when he was killed. Once again, stab wounds and his throat ripped out.”   Eofor licked his middle finger, and turned another page before continuing, “After that, Elgin went to ground for almost three months. Then he killed Oslaf, a shepherd from north of town. Like the others, he was stabbed, and his throat was torn out. Finally, just three days ago, they brought me Donno. They say he was a Jeweler from Liara, who would come to the village every couple of months to trade with the locals. He’s out on my cart now, ready to go in the ground”.   After Eofor says all of that he adds, “So knowing all that, do you have any leads? Do you think you will have Elgin caught soon?”   Just let me know when you absorbed all of that info!   Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "He's been killing steadily for the last month, so if he is a lycan he's transforming even when it's not a full moon."     Dungeon Master (GM): anyone want to chime in with Izabel?   Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Any idea why Froda was different? Did she befriend Elgin? or did she hate him?"   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Everyone keeps saying Elgin did this and that. Does anyone have  proof  of that? Anyone SEE him attack anyone? Has any attack had SURVIVORS?"   Eofor The Undertaker Says, "Perhaps, the weapon was knocked away and a blunt object was nearby to use?"   Eofor The Undertaker Says, "As far as i personally know, no one has come foward as witnessing any of the deaths."     Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "So its just that people are blaming him"   Eofor The Undertaker The Human Cleric Says, "Perhaps."   Eofor The Undertaker Says, "That is all the information I have for you. Anything more to add here?"   Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "I dont have any more for ya"   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "So, let me get this straight... Attacks were 125 days ago; 118 days ago; 116 days ago; 26 days ago and 3 days ago? Is that correct? Just looking for a pattern, but I don't see one. Certainly not one that coincides with the moon or anything"   Eofor The Undertaker Says, "Well now, if you will excuse me, Donno is waiting."   Eofor The Undertaker Closes up the ledger and puts it aside and motions the party out the door.   Eofor The Undertaker Says, "Have a good now now folks."   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Thank you, Eofor. This has been the most factual information we have gotten to date. We appreciate it"   Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "I don't suppose you could tell what tore out Donno's throat if you examined it could you Estrel?"   Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Assuming Eofor will allow it."   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "I could take a guess, but it could be anything. And it could have happened either before or after the person was dead."   Eofor the Undertaker: i'll roll on it with a -20 percent does estrel enter the graveyard?   Estrel Tol: sure. I'll follow Eofor   Duncan Steelbeard: same here
  Eofor The Undertaker Says, "I normally would not allow this besides he is fully wrapped up now and ready to be put into the ground."   say anything to that Estrel?   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "We wouldn't want to hinder you at your job, but if the wrappings around his neck could be pulled back a bit, it would be helpful" Eofor The Undertaker Ponders for a moment.   Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Whispers to Estrel "Maybe have a chat with his helper? See if he knows anything?"   Eofor the Undertaker: (To GM)rolling  95 = 95   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger nods quietly at Duncan's suggestion, while maintaining eye contact with Eofor   Eofor The Undertaker Says, "Says very well, since you are working for the reeve, come and lets do this quickly please."   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "We are truly appreciative of your assistance. We'll be sure to let the Reeve know you aided us."   Eofor The Undertaker quickly unlocks and moves the wrappings aside of the neck wound. Estrel just give me a wisdom check   Phoenix (Izabel): Brb again, just drag Izabel along with the party.   WISDOM CHECK For Estrel Tol the Ranger Rolls:  18  Needs ≤  15     Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "That is a mess. But I can't say that I can see anything that specifically tells me what might have done this. Or when. But we appreciate the chance to check."   Dungeon Master (GM): ok, all Estrel can tell from the wound is that it appears to be from a canine, in size, whether just a dog or wolf he can't really say. i popped that back up for buddy the handout Hello Devin that handout is Eofor's ledger detailing the victims   Dungeon Master (GM): ok, where will the party go now after leaving the graveyard   Devin M.: Olo.   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Duncan - do you think Sheply can tell us anything more than what we have seen?"   Duncan Steelbeard: Does His son leave also? We'd like to catch the boy alone   Estrel Tol: OOC - is that him by the open grave?   Dungeon Master (GM): no, he helps Eofor get the coffin off the cart and into the ground yes that is Sheply by the grave   Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Maybe He may have been friends with Elgin or somethin"   Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Sheply knew Elgin didn't he?"   Dungeon Master (GM): if you remember Eofor would not let the party speak with him because he's working on the grave. that's what Eldwyn the Groomer says   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "True, Eldwyn did say that Sheply and Elgin could pass signals between one another"   Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "We could deliver the food and then see about talking to Sheply. Should give them enough time to finish with the grave."   Estrel Tol: OOC - do we get the impression that Eofor and Sheply LIVE here at the Cemetery? (possibly in the room behind the door in the office)? Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "I think Izabel may have the best idea at the moment. We don't want to anger Eofor after he helped us."   Dungeon Master (GM): [I would'nt say you get that impression but they sure do work here.] if anything you smelled embalming fluid wafting into the office ok, back to deciding where go to from here... what does the party members suggest?   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Besides, I suspect we'll learn more at the scene of the murders than we might get from Sheply, but who knows?"  
Dungeon Master (GM): Izabel wants to deliver the food and come back here.   Duncan Steelbeard: (Sure Lets go deliver the food and maybe come back try to talk then   Dungeon Master (GM): ok, so you make your way down the Timori road so let's see if you bump into anyone along the way out of town here. (To GM)rolling  11 = 11   Dungeon Master (GM): You see a young woman in her late teens. Her plain face is framed by her pageboy haircut. Her hair is thick and light brown. She is wearing a green skirt and yellow tunic that is tucked under her blue leather belt. She is carrying what looks like a small wagon wheel in her left hand. It is only about a foot and a half across. you pass by the young lady, do you say anything to her?   Estrel Tol: which direction is she going? Same as us, or opposite? (Toward town)   Dungeon Master (GM): you are heading west she is going east, let's say you are near the mill and butcher shop   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "G'day Miss. Did you have some trouble with a cart? Anything we might be able to help you with?"   Dungeon Master (GM): Fflur, says, ha ha ha! no sir no cart trouble here, this here is a spinner's wheel for spinning wool.   Estrel Tol: OOC - where was the cemetery on this map?   Dungeon Master (GM): it would be 300 yards to the east of this map   Estrel Tol: Thanks   Dungeon Master (GM): anything more to say to her? she may have info/rumors...   Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Do ya know anything bout this Elgin fella?"   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "My mistake. Do you always carry your spinning wheel with you? Or are you worried about losing it?"   Fflur: says, "Ha ha no, I needed some repair work done to it is all. As to Elgin, all i know is he was seeing Alee-Onna and the folk here believe he murdered folks. I don't know anything more really.   Fflur says, "I doo-nuta know how Alee-Onna keeps going. Hit be more than I could bare losing a love like that.” no spelling errors there that's the town's accent   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "What love did Alee-Onna lose? We thought she was interested in Elgin?"   Dungeon Master (GM): Fflur says, "Yes, him, Elgin is who i meant sir." ok, so the party continues onwards out of town now and head up for Alee-Onna's Cottage following the map provided.   Duncan Steelbeard: Yes   Dungeon Master (GM): ok opps so it's east out of town and then north so you would have just went from the graveyard!   Estrel Tol: And I thought WE were confused. :)   Phoenix (Izabel): This map is a lot bigger than I expected   Dungeon Master (GM): ha ha yea, I think i was going on something otherwise i would not have mentioned going west then north, but whatever [likely encompasses the area the run of modules will take place in] (To GM)rolling  4 = 4   Dungeon Master (GM): no encounters on the way up happen so next map is the cottage Alee-onna’s cottage is located north-east of Kellee at the foot of a tall snowcapped mountain. A well-worn foot path leads to it from the Timori Road, see the Tepest DM’s Map above. A larger version of this map, as well as a player’s version can be found in   Dungeon Master (GM): Behind Alee-onna’s home is an apple orchard. She rarely ventures deeper than the edge of the orchard, so it is choked with undergrowth.   Duncan Steelbeard: Duncan knocks on the door   Dungeon Master (GM): it was a two hour walk to get here.   Phoenix (Izabel): Man it's got to be a pain to walk to the tavern every day to work.   Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "Is that you Onela? Do you have any bread with you?"   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger strolls casually around the home, but looks specifically for any sign of animal tracks near the edge of the orchard. He will  look  into where the undergrowth is, but not venture into it.   Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Naw its not Onela, but we do have food for ya"   Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "I'm Izabel, we were sent to deliver the food by Onela."   Alee Onna: you see thicker foliage at the opposite end of the orchard, no animal tracks currently around the house and only one window on it's west side. Chimney on it's east side along with a well and clothing line and wash tub Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "So you have spoken to Onela?"   Phoenix (Izabel): Onela is the barmaid right?
Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "Can you tell me what she looks like?" yes phoenix   (From Estrel Tol):  Casually look in through the window - especially if Alee-Onna doesn't invite the group in.   Phoenix (Izabel): She's got pink hair? I honestly can't remember much besides being rather lewd.   Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Blonde hair, blue eyes, dresses in a nice blue and white dress"   (To Estrel Tol):  Ok, the shutters are open as dipicted on the map so you can see clearly inside as drapes area drawn to let in air.   (To Estrel Tol):  you see a red headed woman standing near the barred front door talking to your friends through it.   (From Estrel Tol):  I will say nothing, but watch to see how she acts/reacts to the group at the door.   (To Estrel Tol):  she is currently holding a dagger in one hand   Alee Onna: i am whispering stuff to Estrel and looking something up   Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Shes the barmaid at the Tall Mug"   Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "Onela does not have blonde hair!"   [dark brown hair that she wears in a bun, under her white kerchief. At work she always wears a plain brown dress.]   Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "Why did Onela send you and not come herself?"     Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Brown hair under a white cloth"   Phoenix (Izabel): What's the innkeeper's name?   Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "Ok, so maybe you do know her."   Phoenix (Izabel): Ainsley?   Alee Onna: Aleswith? the Inn owner she is   Phoenix (Izabel): Don't know if we should correct ourselves and say she sent us, because IIRC that is who sent us.   Alee Onna: I will ignore, Duncan's first response   Estrel Tol: Onela is the chambermaid. She didn't send us. Aelswith is the innkeeper who asked that we take the basket   Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "I see can you describe her?"   Duncan Steelbeard: (But the Bard here keeps asking about Onela   Dungeon Master (GM): [Aelswith is a plump middle-aged woman with dishwasher blonde hair. She is friendly and outgoing. she wears a tan and green dress with a bodice. ] [since she was the the only one coming with baskets of food prior!]   Devin M.: Wtf is dishwasher blonde?   Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Rather portly, blonde hair, tan and green dress. "   Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Rather kind too."   Alee Onna: I have no idea, i guess it has browish coloring Brownish   Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "Hmm, ok, but why would they send you up here?"   Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Because we be tryin to find Elgin, to find out what happened to him"   Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "Elgin you say? Whom else have you talked to?"   Phoenix (Izabel): Man I wish I wasn't terrible at remembering names Ingeld I know The smith, apothecary, Eofor   Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Aleswith Onela Eogor and a couple others"   Alee Onna: ok, so you have met the reeve, ingeld, eofor, the stable groomer, the apothecary, the candlemaker couple to name a few.   Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "Ok, I see you have been about Kellee and I do wish to know where Elgin went."
Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "We also spoke with Oslac and Ingeld. We believe Elign may be suffering from a form of lycanthropy and want to cure him if possible."   (To Estrel Tol):  you see her place the dagger on top of a piano and the unbar and open the door.   Dungeon Master (GM): the party hears something being moved behind the door and then it is opened Alee-onna is a woman of striking beauty. Her fiery scarlet hair, sparkling emerald green eyes, and flawless porcelain skin, turn heads wherever she goes. Her lithe form moves with the willowy grace of a dancer, but it is her lovely voice that really draws the crowds. Alee-Onna waves everyone inside   Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "I am sorry that some of you will have to stand. The only company I normally have is Onela and …” She trails off before saying Elgin’s name."   Alee Onna: A second later rage sweeps over her face, and she shouts Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "That bastard, that stupid bastard! I told him if he wasn’t careful, he’d end up like this! And what about me? He didn’t think about that, now did he?"   Alee Onna: The bard then buries her face in her hands and begins to weep. reactions to her?   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger not so gently nudges the thief forward toward the weeping girl   Phoenix (Izabel): Mates I have 6 CHA in here and 3 IRL, this is  not  something I'm good at.   Estrel Tol: Just do your best. It will be fine. :)   Phoenix (Izabel): Do I pat her or hug her or something?   Estrel Tol: You are the only girl here. She's not likely to take kindly to any of us men consoling her A simple hand on the shoulder and a "There there, it can't be that bad" type thing shoud be a good start   Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Hugs Alee-Onna and says "It'll be alright, we'll find Elgin and bring him back. I promise." Two  Recardo's Sure I can expect the table to be a mimic, but a doppelganger?   Alee Onna: she's standing by a the piano, you see a dagger sitting on top of it within her reach   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Miss, part off why we were asked to bring this food to you is that you haven't been to the Tall Mug in a while and folks there were concerned for you. Not to mention missing your singing!"   Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "whether to slap his face or kiss it she can’t decide, probably both!" I can't decide that should be!   Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "so you are looking for Elgin for sure? I would certainly like to know what happened with him."   Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Any idea where he maybe hiding?"   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "We were sort of hoping YOU might know a little abouut where he might be, and what happened to him."   Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "I believe he may be in a hideout of his."   Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "He gave me a map of where to find it if needed."   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Ok, that makes sense. Do you know where it is?"   Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Where is this hideout?"   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Excellent."   Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "let me get the map out for you"     Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "So, the spot marked "Mine" is where he told you he might be"   Alee Onna: you all see the handdrawn map?   Phoenix (Izabel): Yep
Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "Yes this is where he told me to go, pointing to where it says 'mine'"   Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "I met the fool not long after I moved to Kelle from Nova-Vasa, about 6 years ago."   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Ok, that looks like a long ways from here. Have you ever been there? I am guessing the answer is "No"?"   Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "I did not care for his thieving ways, but he is what he is."   Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "No, I have not been up there, It's the Candlestick mountain area."   Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "Let me tell you about the last time I saw Elgin."   Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "He had left for Candlestick Mountain the day before. No wait I have to start before that. Elgin, being my beau, used to bring me gifts when he’d come to see me. One day he gave me this bag of coins."     Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Yes, do tell us"   Alee Onna: She pats a leather sack full of coins on her belt   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "So what drew you to him, and you said you knew he would end up this way... What way?"   Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "He told me to never spend them. He said they might save my life one day. Well the night Elgin set off to the mountain he made me a promise. He said we’d want for nothing after this job. That we could move to a real city and we could live like a king and queen, the pair of us. The next morning, early right before dawn, he came beating on the door, screaming for me to let him in. As I got out of bed and ran to the door the first rays of morning came streaming through the cracks in my shutters there. His pounding on the door stopped. I could hear him wailing, and sobbing. Something was terribly wrong. I had never known Elgin to shed a single tear, so I tore open the door. He slumped in a heap on my threshold. I took him in my arms and begged him to tell me what was the matter. Between his sobs he coughed out, ‘it’s too late I couldn’t make it! It’s too late! They won’t come back. When I asked him who he was talking about he, shouted something about the mountain dwarves. He said if he could have got these coins to them before sunrise, that he could have undone the wrong he had done them. He said if these coins were laid on the eyes of anyone who had died in the last day, before the next dawn, that they could be brought back to life."   The bard sniffed and wiped away a tear from her cheek.   Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "After that he tore off into the sunrise, and I never saw him again. It wasn’t long before Torr came around the Tall Mug asking me questions. He said that Elgin, had killed his men by the river. Not long after that they said he started killing some of the local folks around here. That last morning, I saw him… I saw guilt in his eyes for the first time, but I can’t believe he did what they are accusing him of. There’s no way my Elgin would do all that! He may be a thief, but he’s no murderer."   Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "Here, take the map, please find him."   Alee Onna: With that Alee-onna breaks down crying again. Between her sobs she asks to be left alone. She sees you out, and bars the door behind you.   Dungeon Master (GM): If there is something the party wishes to interject as she is spilling out all of that, please do so now. If nothing more you are now back outside in front of the cottage.   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Miss, we'll leave you alone. But if I might make two suggestions: 1) barring your door is a good idea, however, if you leave your window open, you are not safe. I watched you talk to the rest of us and could have easily entered behind you. 2) Go back to the Tall Mug. People there care about you, and you wouldn't be alone out here. Just some suggestions."   Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Yes. Elgin isn't in control of himself anymore. There's no telling what could happen."     Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "Thank you for reminding me sir, I shall shutter my window after you leave. " ok now that the party is back outside any actions around the cottage before you head off elsewhere?   Estrel Tol: Can we see, or might we have seen on the way here, where Wulfgar and Froda's farm might be? Also, do we have any idea where Liara is? Which way Donno would have been travelling when attacked?   Dungeon Master (GM): [There is really no specific detail or map locations of the murder victim's places or area of death]   Estrel Tol: Ok. Thanks   Dungeon Master (GM): the most specific being that the 5 dwarves were murdered at the Candlestick mountain mine.   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Well, it would seem we have no other clues to follow other than the Mine and the Mountain Dwarves. Have I missed anything?"   Duncan Steelbeard: BRB   Dungeon Master (GM): Which appears you must go to find the mine marked upon the map. ok [unless the others know of anything more to mention, it appears Estrel didn't miss anything more.]  
Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "While the map is crude, if the trip from town to "home" is 2 hours, I would think that the mine is a day's travel. Or more, if Elgin couldn't get to the coins before sunrise."   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Do we set out for the mine, or have you other ideas? And are you prepared to spend the night outdoors?"   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger eyes Ricardo, shakes his head and then scans the others, making eye contact with each   Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "If we have food we should be fine, long as we keep watch."   Dungeon Master (GM): you hear the window shutters closing.   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger chuckles and mutters "Good Girl"   Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "We are tryin to find Elgin and that map is the best bit we have, if we find nothin there we have a long walk ahead of us"   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "I say we press on. My only question would be whether we should ask Alee-Onna for some or all of those coins. They may again be helpful to Elgin - or to us"   Dungeon Master (GM): anything else while at the cottage? The rear has not been looked at   Duncan Steelbeard: We look over the cottage   Dungeon Master (GM): in the back you see a back door and a pile of fireplace logs   Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "I dont think she will part wit the coins, be a long talk to give em up"   (To Estrel Tol):  any more Ranger-ing while at the cottage?   (To Estrel Tol):  the party just had a general look around the whole place now   (From Estrel Tol):  If I have made the circle and see no tracks, I guess not   (To Estrel Tol):  roll for tracking then i will let you know   Buddy D.: Probably   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Very well, it was just a thought."     Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "Mightweborrowacoin?"   Estrel Tol the Human Ranger, attempts to do some OUTDOOR TRACKING!   Estrel Tol's, attempt to Track Outdoors Roll: If a  70 % base chance + / - any modifier or less is rolled it is a Success! Terrain Modifiers: Soft enough to hold impressions (Footprints, etc) of creature being tracked: +20% Allow occasional marks or obvious signs of passage (broken twigs, bent grass, etc): +10% Allows only infrequent signs of passage due to rock, water, wind, other creatures Crossing or overtracking, etc: 0% Prevents all but the minutest traces of passage: -50% Other modifiers: For each creatures beyond the first in the group being tracked: +02% For every 12 hours elapsed since the trail was made: -05% For every hour of precipitation that has fallen on the trail between tracker & quarry: -25%   Estrel Tol: rolling d100( 47 ) = 47%   Dungeon Master (GM): that is the roll you needed first Estrel outdoor tracking of which you have a base 70% chance and just rolled 47%   (To Estrel Tol):  You note oversized wolf hind leg tracks leading to and then apparently sprinting from the window    (From Estrel Tol):  And the direction they sprinted away to?   (From Devin M.):  You get this?   (To Estrel Tol):  north   (To Devin M.):  yep   Ricardo Jamez The Elf Ranger Says, "We need those coins"   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "We may want to be a bit cautious, I have noted some wolf tracks heading off to the north. But since that's basically the way to the Mine, it would seem we may find that wolf yet."   Phoenix (Izabel): Did Elgin take the coins or no? I thought he did   Dungeon Master (GM): No Alee-Onna has the bag of coins currently tied to her waist.   Dungeon Master (GM): and anything more before you set foot down the path away from the cottage?   Duncan Steelbeard: Not from Duncan   Dungeon Master (GM): ok Buddy? anything to add here? Devin?
Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "Canweborrowacoin?"   Dungeon Master (GM): up to the party if they want to try to get a pair she did say she wanted to be left alone now   Duncan Steelbeard: we can try   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "It might not be a bad idea. And asking to  BORROW  the pair might go over better"   Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "Howlongdidshewant"   Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "tobeleftalone?"     Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Didn't say"   Dungeon Master (GM): [she didn't say] so if you are doing that any attempt to knock at the door / get her attention?   Duncan Steelbeard: Estrel go and try Duncan will be there   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Very well."   Dungeon Master (GM): ok just waiting to see what he does / says   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger knocks on the door and speaks loudly. "Miss, we think it might be well if we were to borrow two of those coins Elgin gave you. We could give them to him when we find him, or bring them back to you if we don't. Would you be ok with that?   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "No, I shall not part with them as Elgin wished."   Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "Sohewishedforyou"   Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "topartwiththem?"   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Very well. If you don't mind my asking - how many coins did he give you?"   Dungeon Master (GM): you hear a groan   Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Shrugs turns away to head for the mine   Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "No i meant that Elgin didn't want me to give the coins to anyone."   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger shakes his head at Chandry. "Elgin wished for her to NEVER part with them, as they may save her life. Though how she would use them if needed is beyond me.   Alee Onna The Human Bard Says, "I am afraid i can not tell you."   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Again, very well. We shall not bother you further."   Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "Youwouldn'tbepartingwith"   Estrel Tol The Human Ranger follows Duncan to the north   Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "thecoinsifyougaveusone."   Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Technicalities won't help Chandry. We best be off while it's day."   Dungeon Master (GM): ok so you head off down the path to get back to the main road and head towards the mine now?   Duncan Steelbeard: Yes   Dungeon Master (GM): ok   Dungeon Master (GM): From the direction of Alee-onna’s cottage, you hear a loud crash followed by a piercing scream (you are 200 yards away). ‘I’ll kill you, you filthy beast!’ Then you hear a pained braying like the noise an injured dog would make.
Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "Manwolfattack!" &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: Turn and run back &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): ok &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): DItto &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): when you reach the front door, Alee-onna screams out in agony once more &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Sprintsback. &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): Y ou hear a sickening thud, and another loud crash, followed by rapid foot falls, seemingly coming from behind the cottage, then all goes silent. &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Runs to the back off the cottage and will break down the door if not already open &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): ok Estrel which side did you go around? &nbsp; Estrel Tol: Side with clotheslines &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Follows Estrel &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): ok then, you spot nothing unusual as you run to the back and i would need an open doors check &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: Runs around the other side &nbsp; OPEN A NORMAL DOOR For Estrel Tol the Human Ranger Rolls:&nbsp; 9 &nbsp;Needs ≤&nbsp; -1 &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): -1! that can't be right &nbsp; Estrel Tol: I was wondering. &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): roll a D20 &nbsp; Estrel Tol: rolling d20( 14 ) = 14 &nbsp; &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "Howmuchyouwannabet" &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "thecoinsaregone?" &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): you need a 1-7 on a 20 to succeed in 2E or 1-2 on a D6 in 1E so you didn't open the door &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): Pick lock? Can't be&nbsp; that &nbsp;good of a lock. &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: Duncan comes around and tries to break the door open &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger calls out "Allee-Onna! Are you ok? Let us in!" &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): (To GM)rolling {1d100+ 0 }&lt; 35 &nbsp;[Open Locks]{( 25 )+0} = 1 Success &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: rolling 1d20( 13 ) = 13 &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): Oh snap I actually did it. &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): ok, it's barred from inside, so you don't open it &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): Using the wrong macro, but still. &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): here is what i am listening to:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.instagram.com/theeparkside/live/" rel="nofollow">https://www.instagram.com/theeparkside/live/</a> &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): Oh, right. The doors are barred. Don't suppose we can go through the window? &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): who goes over to check it &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "If the doors are still barred, then whatever is causing this is/was already inside and still should be. We need to break down the door." &nbsp; OOC - is the axe in the graphic actually there? If so, Estrel will start doing his best "Jack Nicholson in The Shining" job on the door! &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): yes ok you do so &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: Duncan will walk around looking for any open windows &nbsp; (From Estrel Tol): &nbsp;Did you need us to end now for what you wanted to listen to/watch? &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): OK, we can stop here as Estrel breaks down the door! duncan sees the side window has been smashed through! &nbsp; Estrel Tol: Sounds like as good a place/time as any. Thanks team! This was progress (and fun). &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): ok, guys Thanks for playing! &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: CYA next week &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): bye now! &nbsp; Devin M.: I should go as well, good night e'rybody!