Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Can I reveal monsters to only one player and not the rest?

I have one character with an absolutely bonkers perception score, and I want to utilize that by letting him see the monsters that no one else can. Is there a way to achieve this in the roll20 system?
No, it's an all or nothing thing. Maybe there's some really advanced API that could make that kind of thing possible, but I don't know much about API as I don't have a Pro account.
1590129433

Edited 1590129557
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It wouldn't be ideal, but you could use a variation on light crumbs. Set up an invisible token with a 5ft aura visible only to players controlling that token - probably attach it to a character sheet so you can drag new ones onto the map as you need them. Give Bonkers permission for this character sheet. Now you can drag these tokens onto the token layer to mark the position of monsters (I'm assuming you still have the monster tokens on the GM layer at this stage). Only Bonkers and the GM should be able to see the coloured square marking the monsters position - GM can still see the token underneath. You can also set nameplates to controlling player only, so you could have the monster name there too. The limitations are that you can't have any artwork visible without other players seeing it (as far as I know) and Bonkers can also accidentally move the marker tokens. Not a huge issue as you have the real monster token on the GM layer so you know where the markers are meant to be.