Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

pbd_safe

[5e OGL] Does anyone know what @{selected|pbd_safe} is? 

Edited 1590173546
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I think it is a proficiency related attribute generated by sheetworker scripts based on sheet settings. I came up with that by looking up what html code is available for this sheet on github and hitting control + f with pdb_safe as the search term:&nbsp; <a href="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/master/DD5thEditionLegacy/5th%20Edition%20Legacy.html" rel="nofollow">https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/master/DD5thEditionLegacy/5th%20Edition%20Legacy.html</a>
Thanks!
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm always worried by the implication that my macros which call on @{pb} are somehow unsafe .
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This thread is the highest Google result that's still not closed, so I'll necro it for future searches: @{pbd_safe} is a suffix Attribute for use with the variant Proficiency Dice rule from the DMG: Proficiency Dice This optional rule replaces a character’s proficiency bonus with a proficiency die, adding more randomness to the game and making proficiency a less reliable indicator of mastery. Instead of adding a proficiency bonus to an ability check, an attack roll, or saving throw, the character’s player rolls a die. The Proficiency Die table shows which die or dice to roll, as determined by the characte r’s level. The default value once the Variant rule is selected is merely a Critical Success/Fumble removal: pbd_safe = cs0cf0 So you can safely leave it out of your custom macros if you don't intend to use this rule. I couldn't find this answer anywhere else, it might be buried somewhere though!
Thanks, Oosh!