We use Cookies to help personalize and improve Roll20. For more information on our use of non-essential Cookies, visit our Privacy Policy here.
Accept
Advertisement Create a free account

looking for DMs and players for late night games

1590202388

Edited 1590208256
Been working on finding a late night 5th edition D&D game recently since I can't really play til my kids go to bed, and struggled quite a bit to find a group until I finally came up with a different strategy. I started up a group of players specifically looking for games after about 10pm EST, through the wee hours of the night (for US players, anyway). Over the last week, we now have had several games being played. I think as the group continues to grow there will be a good chance to find a game most nights. Looking for DMs and players. Send me a PM if you'd like the link!
What system and edd?
1590208272
D&D 5e
1590208474
I tried to host a game on Tuesday and Wednesday for 10pm EST but it was hard to find anyone who wanted to join.  You guys do f2p or p2p? 
Andrew R. said: I tried to host a game on Tuesday and Wednesday for 10pm EST but it was hard to find anyone who wanted to join.  You guys do f2p or p2p?  I would run/play D&D 3.5 or PF1e. and when I do its free to play. I find pay to play disrespectful to the art of the game.
1590209463
Andrew R. said: I tried to host a game on Tuesday and Wednesday for 10pm EST but it was hard to find anyone who wanted to join.  You guys do f2p or p2p?  Free, at least so far. It’s all pretty informal at this point, just come join up and find people looking for games at the same time. I myself am looking for Tuesday or Wednesday games, but about an hour later. 
1590217995

Edited 1590218009
im down let me know
1590300155
Server has been growing a bit, over 20 members now. Since it started about a week ago, there have been 3 or 4 new games started, so a game every other night or so. But on the nights that there hasn't been a game, it seems there's always at least a couple people looking. So if it continues to grow I think we'll start to see a game (or more) most every night, and people's different play styles covered as well. The games I've played in have been pretty RP heavy, but  know I've talked to a couple players on the server looking for a little more of a dungeon crawl style too. So if you're looking for late night games, come check it out and we'll get some more games going.  Especially if you're a DM looking for players, I think you'd be likely to fill a game pretty quickly on any given night.
1590300316
ShadowDragon said: Andrew R. said: I tried to host a game on Tuesday and Wednesday for 10pm EST but it was hard to find anyone who wanted to join.  You guys do f2p or p2p?  I would run/play D&D 3.5 or PF1e. and when I do its free to play. I find pay to play disrespectful to the art of the game. When people refuse to pay for art. 
Andrew R. said: ShadowDragon said: Andrew R. said: I tried to host a game on Tuesday and Wednesday for 10pm EST but it was hard to find anyone who wanted to join.  You guys do f2p or p2p?  I would run/play D&D 3.5 or PF1e. and when I do its free to play. I find pay to play disrespectful to the art of the game. When people refuse to pay for art.  Hahaha. Love you too man.
1590339776
Of course there's some controversy around pay to play games. I don't personally have a problem with them, and Andrew, if you're interested you are more than welcome to come to the Night Owls and see if anyone wants to join your paid game. Shadow I played in Andrew's game last night and it was a blast, he did a great job and it was a great group, so I've got no complaints there. I get the argument against paid games, but I don't subscribe to it. It's not up to me to tell others how they should play. I can simply choose to play in their games or not!
I am also looking for late night games. Same boat after my son goes to bed. PST time
1590340653

Edited 1590341009
Bradu. said: Of course there's some controversy around pay to play games. I don't personally have a problem with them, and Andrew, if you're interested you are more than welcome to come to the Night Owls and see if anyone wants to join your paid game. Shadow I played in Andrew's game last night and it was a blast, he did a great job and it was a great group, so I've got no complaints there. I get the argument against paid games, but I don't subscribe to it. It's not up to me to tell others how they should play. I can simply choose to play in their games or not! I wasn't meant as a argument in beginning. 1. you asked for GM I asked what edd. 2. He replied are you guys looking for f2p or p2p so I assumed he wanted in as a player. (I know he stated he GM's but I also know Gm's wana be players too) 3. I saw you both wanted 5e which I don't GM so I stated what I do GM 3.5/pf 1e and explained I gm for free not paid. 4. he attacked me. 5. I laughed it off.
Can't seem to send you a PM - says I'm not authorized to post.  Mind PMing me with more info?
1590635761
definitely still looking for DMs, we've got over 40 members now which is cool! We're getting to the point there's now more than 1 game some nights.  Players are welcome too of course, but right now there's a bit of an imbalance
Bradu. said: definitely still looking for DMs, we've got over 40 members now which is cool! We're getting to the point there's now more than 1 game some nights.  Players are welcome too of course, but right now there's a bit of an imbalance My offer stands if you need a 3.5/PF 1e DM on your server I be glad to be one. No charge.